NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Wedding Rings (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7059)

gopacgo12 01-16-2016 11:36 PM

Wedding Rings

My husband got me a QALO ring for boot camp its Purple are we allowed to wear those? Are they acceptable? It is a silicon ring so the normal wedding ring I wear doesn't get lost, stolen or misplaced and so I don't lose the diamond in it.

jzhaun 01-17-2016 12:00 AM

The specific regs on rings are as follows:

Quote:

6. JEWELRY. Conservative jewelry is authorized for all personnel and shall be in good taste while in uniform. Eccentricities or faddishness are not permitted. Jewelry shall not present a safety or FOD (Foreign Object Damage) hazard. Jewelry shall be worn within the following guidelines:

a. Rings. While in uniform, only one ring per hand is authorized, plus a wedding/engagement ring set. Rings are not authorized for wear on thumbs.
Source

But what's considered eccentric and/or faddish is somewhat open to interpretation. I personally stick to black for watches and don't wear any jewelry in uniform, but that's also my preference.

FutureND 01-17-2016 03:01 AM

I wear qalo rings now and love them. However, when I was in boot I just wore my regular wedding band. I really don't see any recruiter giving you a hard time about a wedding band, even if it is purple.

gopacgo12 01-17-2016 03:39 PM

Okay thank you so much. The wedding ring I have is a 3 diamond future past and present. It's a little much so that's was another reason to get the qalo band for boot camp and while in uniform, then my normal ring on nights and weekends.

JayMaple 01-17-2016 09:43 PM

if its a wedding ring can you wear it in rtc but some stuff u will have take it off

CoolHandL 01-19-2016 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopacgo12 (Post 57276)
The wedding ring I have is a 3 diamond future past and present. It's a little much so that's was another reason to get the qalo band for boot camp and while in uniform, then my normal ring on nights and weekends.

That sounds like a very sensible plan. The worst case is that you will be told that the purple rings is "too faddish", so you will have to take it off. No big deal. The worst case for wearing your regular ring is that it is lost or damaged.

Spook 01-21-2016 12:42 PM

the ONLY ring allowed in boot is a wedding/ engagement ring.

LT Guppy 01-21-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spook (Post 57325)
the ONLY ring allowed in boot is a wedding/ engagement ring.

People wear qalo rings as wedding rings.

biruis 01-21-2016 05:14 PM

It would be best to wear a black one. If you tell them it's a wedding ring they won't give you an issue. If it has any color on it you'll have someone give you a hard time at some point.

comolokko 07-26-2022 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopacgo12 (Post 57271)
My husband got me a QALO ring for boot camp its Purple are we allowed to wear those? Are they acceptable? It is a silicon ring so the normal wedding ring I wear doesn't get lost, stolen or misplaced and so I don't lose the diamond in it.

Did someone say promise ring? :)