NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Air Force Info (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227)
-   -   Not USAF-related: Changing military branches during DEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6656)

RikkiX 05-03-2015 05:13 PM

Not USAF-related: Changing military branches during DEP

If I want to change military branches when I'm in my Navy DEP program, would the process be starting over again with MEPS, ASVAB, Physical etc...?
Can't the other branch just get my info from the Navy recruiter?

JayMaple 05-03-2015 05:46 PM

why leave the best branch?

Haasino 05-03-2015 06:12 PM

I switched from Army to Navy after taking the ASVAB... physical should be the same way, provided no additional testing is required for the specific branch.

RikkiX 05-03-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haasino (Post 53534)
I switched from Army to Navy after taking the ASVAB... physical should be the same way, provided no additional testing is required for the specific branch.

Thanks Haasino. I'm going to try tomorrow to get started ASAP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayMaple (Post 53533)
why leave the best branch?

It's just me. I found something more suitable for my situation in life.

ejrwelch 05-03-2015 08:44 PM

have you already signed a contract with the navy? If so to my understanding it can be awhile (Ive seen 3-6 months) before a recruiter will work with that situation. Different areas need different quotas though so it may be quicker.

sweetmtn 05-04-2015 09:56 AM

What I understand from the recruiters in my area, since all are in the same building, you will need a DEP discharge prior to another branch being able to work with you.

Just4Kixs 05-18-2015 02:06 PM

My recruiter switched from marine corps to navy during his DEP time. Sure his recruiter in the marines was mad, but he wasn't obliged for anything until that second swear-in at MEPS. He said everything transfered over and all the Navy did was ask the marine corps for his documents. I also thought about changing branches during DEP if that makes you feel better. I did some researching and stuff and found out that you need to have a DEP discharge. I brought this up to my recruiter and his chief and LPO in my NRS. Lol obviously they want to keep you and solve whatever is the problem but yes, you need to be fully discharged from DEP before other recruiters from another branch can work with you, especially since you signed a contract that binds you to them. The other branch that I was interested in called me (which is illegal, not supposed to done) and told me what to do and how to transfer out once I'm done.

Hope everything works out for you though!