NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Hearing test in bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6621)

kycop107 04-13-2015 06:53 PM

Hearing test in bootcamp

I was wondering if they test your hearing in basic. I failed one test at MEPS, but passed my retest (barely). I would hate to get my rate and then lose it at basic because I fail the hearing test again.

BonzerAsp 04-13-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kycop107 (Post 53259)
I was wondering if they test your hearing in basic. I failed one test at MEPS, but passed my retest (barely). I would hate to get my rate and then lose it at basic because I fail the hearing test again.

You're going to get your hearing tested again in basic

kycop107 04-13-2015 08:04 PM

Thanks BonzerAsp for the info. Guess I just hope for the best.

jzhaun 04-13-2015 09:32 PM

Honestly, judging from the varied responses in the vision test thread, it probably will depend on whether or not your specific rate requires "Normal hearing".

Bonzer's air, so he needs normal color vision and normal hearing and he got both tested at bootcamp.

I'm a linguist, so I only need normal hearing. I had my hearing tested at bootcamp but not my vision.

kycop107 04-14-2015 06:46 PM

Thanks Jzhaun,

I'm hoping for MA so I will need the normal hearing. I'm sure all the yelling will be very helpful for the hearing test.

BonzerAsp 04-16-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kycop107 (Post 53274)
Thanks Jzhaun,

I'm hoping for MA so I will need the normal hearing. I'm sure all the yelling will be very helpful for the hearing test.

You should be ok. Try jet engines lol I worked with them before I enlisted and thankfully they didn't mess my ears up. I hardly used hearing protection too because I wasn't too bright.

kycop107 04-17-2015 05:19 PM

Hahaha... Thanks BonzerAsp. Makes me feel much better.

knphan 12-27-2017 04:56 PM

I will be shipped to bootcamp on Jan 2018 and my rate is AECF. As a requirement states that job needs normal color perception and normal hearing. Thus, I will be only checked for color perception and hearing test? Do I need to take full eyes exam again? Also do you guys see anyone that will be sent home because of eyes exam or hearing test? I know you will be definitely sent home if you are female and you get pregnant or male if you get sexual infections.

Barbazu 12-27-2017 08:43 PM

You’ll take the whole vision exam and hearing exam. You won’t get sent home unless your blind or deaf. As far as sexual infections, they only test for hiv. Maybe hepatitis. All this is supposed to be taken care of at MEPS. But you get another go at it in boot camp. If you passed at MEPS you’ll probably be fine in boot. The worst part of it is the high stress environment.

knphan 01-13-2018 05:27 PM

Don't they test STD STI too?
Thanks

knphan 01-14-2018 12:57 AM

I mean do they test Chlamydia etc beside of hiv in bootcamp?.
Thanks

User Name 01-15-2018 11:28 AM

You should have gotten a work up at MEPS, but they'll test for a few again when you get there. A Corpsman could probably answer what they test for, but being an airdale, I didn't care to ask. All I know is that some of the blood they take is used to put your DNA on record for remains identification. Any bacterial infection you got should be taken care of with the peanut butter shot, or the pills if you're allergic like I am.

If you're worried about having STD's, you should go to a clinic and get a panel done. Usually it's free, or very cheap.