NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powers of Attorney (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   Your one stop shop of Navy legal forms ~ (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1596)

Craig 07-10-2010 04:15 PM

Your one stop shop of Navy legal forms ~

27 Attachment(s)
This thread is your one stop shop for Navy legal forms.

sweetmtn 07-10-2010 04:25 PM

WOW....thanks Craig! makes things way easier!

NavyMom2007 07-11-2010 06:41 PM

Yes, thanks Craig!

FormerMarine 03-13-2012 02:59 PM

Thanks Craig

Awesome it is a one stop shop.
Thanks,
Semper Fi!
:iwojima:

newnavydad 05-31-2012 08:43 AM

Forms

Thanks for all the forms but I see they need to be notorized. Can these be filled out at home and brought to Great Lakes to be finalized?

jaxx10 07-06-2012 10:27 PM

thanks !!!

breybrad 11-29-2012 06:26 PM

I have a 3 yr old do I need to get my recruiter to sign the power of attorney or who should sign it I'm a little confused:What:

LT Guppy 11-29-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breybrad (Post 24157)
I have a 3 yr old do I need to get my recruiter to sign the power of attorney or who should sign it I'm a little confused:What:

It will need to be notarized by someone. Probably not your recruiter.

diane 03-31-2013 04:50 PM

Hi Craig,

Once the recruit has a POA done, does he give it to his recruiter, take it with him or leave it with the person he has appointed? Also, wont he need a medical POA? I have search for answers and have yet to find any for these questions. Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated. Also, will he need to take with him to BC a copy of his immunization records?
Thanks so much!

sweetmtn 04-01-2013 12:24 AM

The person that is in charge with the POA must have that in their possession in order to do business on the new sailors behalf. You can download one on the internet, then you have to have it signed in front of a notery...I will suggest to have it VERY specific on what can be done! MANY a military person has been screwed over with a general POA given out and not having done just a LIMITED!

zacsmom13 07-20-2013 08:53 PM

Thanks so much for all the info

Craig,
:rockon:I just wanted to thank you for putting all of this info. out there for crazy nervous mom's like me. This site has been the most informative so far. Believe me I have looked around and watched many a you tube video. Your site has really calmed my nerves. I know that it wasn't going to be all peaches and cream but, knowing the day to day really helps.

Jacquenavymom 04-02-2014 12:46 AM

Thanks for putting these up, great info! They all mention attorney, do we need to officially hire an attorney to witness these and assist with filling these out, or just see a notary?

LT Guppy 04-02-2014 03:15 AM

They just need to be notarized.
However, since it is a fairly powerful legal document, it wouldn't hurt to have someone look it over.

HM_Duke 05-07-2014 10:21 PM

I've always used my banker as a public notary in the past. When presented with a POA to notarize, they said they don't notarize POAs and wills... Not sure if it's my bank's rule or a general rule for banks. Nonetheless, where else might I find a public notary? Library?

Atom_breaker 05-08-2014 06:38 AM

The car dealership my mom works at everyone is a notary.. That's where I had mine done. Any family friends that have a notary?

etorres313 09-02-2014 12:10 AM

Anyone know if mavy federal does. this slipped my mind need to get these done tomorrow. im thinking just a general should be fine we are married with kids. would you recommened any others

JoeSpook 09-02-2014 05:22 AM

I work at a bank right now and we have three notaries on staff including myself, out of an office of nine. We used to have five, but two switched offices so we're getting a couple of others trained.

Banks have lots of legal papers come through -- Durable Financial POAs (we even generate those), loan closing documents, securities transfers... we do it all. Definitely check with your local bank. They may have particular rules about what they can and can't notarize (ex. I'm not allowed to touch a Living Will or an I-9), and some will only notarize for their customers (which is stupid 'cause they're a Notary Public, as in "public" as in "for the benefit of everybody"). Still, your local bank* is a great shot.

Outside of banks, public libraries sometimes have notaries. Also, most lawyers are notaries and they probably won't charge you much for their time. Just a couple of thoughts.

Worst case scenario, bring your papers and your IDs to me in WV and I'll notarize everything for you. :P

*n.b.: if your local bank can't do it, check with a national bank in your area. Chase, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo should all have generally the same views on notaries as I do. If your local bank rep gives you a hassle, chalk it up to small-town mentality and take it somewhere with a bigger regulatory oversight who knows what the "public" in "Notary Public" means.

LT Guppy 09-02-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etorres313 (Post 48141)
Anyone know if mavy federal does. this slipped my mind need to get these done tomorrow. im thinking just a general should be fine we are married with kids. would you recommened any others

Yes, Navy Fed can notarize forms for you.

Many places no longer take a general POA. It's better to have specific ones. Especially for your kids.
I would do the one for kids, housing, banking, and automobile.

etorres313 09-02-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 48147)
Yes, Navy Fed can notarize forms for you.

Many places no longer take a general POA. It's better to have specific ones. Especially for your kids.
I would do the one for kids, housing, banking, and automobile.

Would you say the ones off this site would suffice?

LT Guppy 09-02-2014 01:53 PM

Yes, unless you personally have a unique situation. Just use the specific in addition to a general.

navycatmc 09-18-2014 11:24 AM

Do I use the General POA to leave my boyfriend in charge of my car and finances while I'm away at Bootcamp?

navycatmc 09-18-2014 11:26 AM

Just kidding I found it!