NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Shoes in boot camp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4621)

BubbaGumps64 10-06-2013 12:44 PM

Shoes in boot camp

I know that in boot camp you are issued shoes. But I am extremely flat footed, no arch in my feet, and I have inserts for my shoes for support. Would I be allowed to keep these for the shoes I'm issued in boot camp or would I have to send them back home?

wdpballer 10-06-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaGumps64 (Post 36432)
I know that in boot camp you are issued shoes. But I am extremely flat footed, no arch in my feet, and I have inserts for my shoes for support. Would I be allowed to keep these for the shoes I'm issued in boot camp or would I have to send them back home?

honestly just slip em in your new shoes when you get them, the new balances are complete pieces of shit ( im also flat footed and have no arch) and they really messed me up during bootcamp and made it twice as hard for me. also caused me shin splints when running/pt. you can do that or go to medical and get arch supports but i also heard they are very shitty. good luck to you

BubbaGumps64 10-06-2013 06:37 PM

Okay, thanks for the advice.

FutureSailor24 10-07-2013 12:23 PM

i'm not sure but i'm flat footed and i have narrow feet and i use new balance shoes for running and they work great. i'm pretty sure they have a machine that measures the type of foot support that you need in your shoes.

AyeeYoAP 10-07-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureSailor24 (Post 36466)
i'm not sure but i'm flat footed and i have narrow feet and i use new balance shoes for running and they work great. i'm pretty sure they have a machine that measures the type of foot support that you need in your shoes.

this is true!

BubbaGumps64 10-07-2013 02:35 PM

I'll still keep my inserts, better safe than sorry. And if the shoes are measured for support and work for me I'll just put the inserts in my boots when we get issued those.

LT Guppy 10-07-2013 03:35 PM

You may not be allowed to keep your inserts. And definitely don't try to sneak them in.

AyeeYoAP 10-07-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaGumps64 (Post 36474)
I'll still keep my inserts, better safe than sorry. And if the shoes are measured for support and work for me I'll just put the inserts in my boots when we get issued those.

I really wouldn't advise doing that...

BubbaGumps64 10-08-2013 04:57 PM

I'll just have to ask another recruiter. My recruiter told me that I may be able to keep them, maybe not. I hope that if they do measure for foot type that they actually do support my feet. Nothing worse than being flat footed and walking around all day with no arch support.

Soccer_cat 10-08-2013 06:23 PM

Don't know accurate those machines were. My shoes were horrible! Not flat footed though...

AyeeYoAP 10-09-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaGumps64 (Post 36535)
I'll just have to ask another recruiter. My recruiter told me that I may be able to keep them, maybe not. I hope that if they do measure for foot type that they actually do support my feet. Nothing worse than being flat footed and walking around all day with no arch support.

you have to remember that it has been YEARS since most recruiters have been in bootcamp and bootcamp has changed dramatically since then. truthfully, recruiters don't know all of what goes on in bootcamp. whatever information they have, it more than likely comes from people who come home for RAP duty.

Laworlo 10-12-2013 12:14 PM

Do NOT slip them into your new shoes, with all the inspections you have in boot camp that would be a huge hit...

Haasino 10-12-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyeeYoAP (Post 36591)
you have to remember that it has been YEARS since most recruiters have been in bootcamp and bootcamp has changed dramatically since then. truthfully, recruiters don't know all of what goes on in bootcamp. whatever information they have, it more than likely comes from people who come home for RAP duty.

Hell... bootcamp has changed dramatically since I was there a year ago!

USNADrs 10-12-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy2010 (Post 36475)
You may not be allowed to keep your inserts. And definitely don't try to sneak them in.

This.