NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Exams you take while at Bootcamp? (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7235)

contigo26 06-10-2016 10:32 PM

Exams you take while at Bootcamp?

I heard that while at Bootcamp you will get quite a bit of Exams especially during classroom learnings and so on.

Asides from the PFA exams what other subject areas should i be aware of that I should know when taking these classrooms in the classroom and what would they be? (if you don't pass what happens?)

Are the things in the START guide a part of those exams?

Would appreciate your input to get a head start in what i should know.

SonMeeker 06-11-2016 08:53 AM

I don't remember much but I'll try.

The START guide is only useful really for the DEP test for advancement to E-2.

Uniform regulations, UCMJ articles, rank and recognition (for all branches), customs and courtesy, Navy history, all located in the Recruit Training Guide you'll get in the first week or two you're at RTC.

contigo26 06-11-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonMeeker (Post 58432)
I don't remember much but I'll try.

The START guide is only useful really for the DEP test for advancement to E-2.

Uniform regulations, UCMJ articles, rank and recognition (for all branches), customs and courtesy, Navy history, all located in the Recruit Training Guide you'll get in the first week or two you're at RTC.

I have a Bachelor's Degree, and I heard you take some DEP test also while at Bootcamp. What if none of those apply for you to rank up and are at E-3 automatically do i still have to do it?

LT Guppy 06-11-2016 08:49 PM

Word to the wise... in bootcamp you're not an E-3. You are a recruit - just like every other recruit. You will just get paid more per push up.

Academic tests cover all the material you are taught during bootcamp.

contigo26 06-11-2016 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 58436)
Word to the wise... in bootcamp you're not an E-3. You are a recruit - just like every other recruit. You will just get paid more per push up.

Academic tests cover all the material you are taught during bootcamp.

Guppy do these academic tests affect your graduation by any chance if you didnt pass them well but passed the PFA for example?

jzhaun 06-11-2016 11:50 PM

The test to get E2 doesn't affect anything else, but the 3 academic tests do. You have to pass them to graduate. For the first two I think there were opportunities to retest, but anyone who failed the 3rd one got ASMOed a week back because we took that test and then went to battle stations the same day.

They're not hard as long as you study though. Everyone knows the questions that are on the test, and the RDCs will review with you.

SonMeeker 06-12-2016 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzhaun (Post 58438)
The test to get E2 doesn't affect anything else, but the 3 academic tests do. You have to pass them to graduate. For the first two I think there were opportunities to retest, but anyone who failed the 3rd one got ASMOed a week back because we took that test and then went to battle stations the same day.

They're not hard as long as you study though. Everyone knows the questions that are on the test, and the RDCs will review with you.

The third one we were able to retake, but it was the day after. It all depends on the schedule your division is following.

YN2(AW)Williams 06-14-2016 08:59 PM

Do not freak out about the tests. They are excessively simple and memory based. Just study your recruit manual religiously, every waking minute you are not doing something else.