NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Back From Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=246)
-   -   Recently graduated bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5611)

Seth_Breen_CTT 05-23-2014 08:07 PM

Recently graduated bootcamp

Hey guys I just wanted to post on here for anyone that is seeking information for their journey into the fleet. I know I have a million questions and asked all of them to anyone I could. I will list my information just in case you have specific questions that might relate to me.

Graduated May 16th
Rate: CTT 4 year (Currently waiting to class up and start my A school)
Married (Before boot camp)
Currently at Corry station
Division 927 in Boot camp (Staff division, Honor Guard)

I can't think of what else to write. But any questions about boot camp I have a pretty good memory of week by week.

Shoot me a PM or reply with your questions.

Atom_breaker 05-23-2014 09:59 PM

Congrats! I'm sure one of the first questions will be a female asking about hair regulation rumors.. So we can get that out of the way..

13Point1Heiress 05-23-2014 11:45 PM

Congrats on graduating!! What was the best & worst part of your boot camp experience?

Nicknyte 05-23-2014 11:55 PM

Welcome back, sailor!

Seth_Breen_CTT 05-24-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atom_breaker (Post 44677)
Congrats! I'm sure one of the first questions will be a female asking about hair regulation rumors.. So we can get that out of the way..

HAHA that is so true :) If I recall the regs for girl's hair it has to be not on the shoulders. Also make up, don't bring it. You will have a chance to buy make up the day after battle stations, along with all the monster and red bull you can possibly drink before having a heart attack. At least that is what half my division did. lol

Seth_Breen_CTT 05-24-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicknyte (Post 44681)
Welcome back, sailor!

Thank You! It is so nice to feel like a person again. I can walk, talk and think all at the same time again lol. Who knew doing your own laundry would be so enjoyable too.

Seth_Breen_CTT 05-24-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13Point1Heiress (Post 44680)
Congrats on graduating!! What was the best & worst part of your boot camp experience?

Hmm best part of boot camp... Hearing the words "Liberty call, Liberty call" lol. I really loved Holiday routine on Sundays. Being able to chill and do ALMOST what ever I wanted.
Worst part of boot camp was the fact that I am 23, with a college degree and married and I felt like I was back in high school. My division had a severe talking issue. But other than that my division was really good.

kforbs126 05-24-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth_Breen_CTT (Post 44699)
Hmm best part of boot camp... Hearing the words "Liberty call, Liberty call" lol. I really loved Holiday routine on Sundays. Being able to chill and do ALMOST what ever I wanted.
Worst part of boot camp was the fact that I am 23, with a college degree and married and I felt like I was back in high school. My division had a severe talking issue. But other than that my division was really good.

That's only going to get worse.

mich313 05-27-2014 08:45 AM

Would you recommend 900 division? Or do you think it was just extra work?

coopdeville 05-27-2014 11:00 AM

I'd be more interested in hearing about your "A" school when you get in. how long is your wait till you start that?

NavyKitten 05-27-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mich313 (Post 44764)
Would you recommend 900 division? Or do you think it was just extra work?

Yes I would love to know about the 900 div too. Also, I know I won't care once I'm there, but how is the food? I'm a really picky eater, even though I try I can't eat most foods :bawling:

mich313 05-27-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyKitten (Post 44768)
Yes I would love to know about the 900 div too. Also, I know I won't care once I'm there, but how is the food? I'm a really picky eater, even though I try I can't eat most foods :bawling:

Actually I'd be interested to know that as well. I'm not a picky eater, but I'm not much of a bread eater. At all. Wondering if I'm going to be eating lots of sandwiches whether I like it or not lol

BubbaGumps64 05-28-2014 12:10 PM

Hooyah, we graduated the same day!