NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Graduated on May 3rd (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4138)

AnnaGB 05-18-2013 02:45 PM

Graduated on May 3rd

Hey I graduated bootcamp on May 3rd and am here in Pensacola for AE A School. Ask any questions!

johnplisac32 05-18-2013 03:25 PM

Hi and congrats what was the hardest part of rtc of you ? the classroom test ? pt ? or just getting used to the military lifestyle ?

bronxCTM 05-18-2013 04:05 PM

Congratulations! I'll be at Pensacola too for my A school (but in half a year from now)

depsailorgroff 05-18-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaGB (Post 31827)
Hey I graduated bootcamp on May 3rd and am here in Pensacola for AE A School. Ask any questions!

Congratulations! And yeah, same question as John.

AnnaGB 05-22-2013 02:59 PM

Honestly bootcamp wasn't hard. And this is coming from someone who was pretty scared before I left. PT is veryyyyyy easy there. When you get to A school PT will be much harder than in boot camp. To me the hardest part was probably how tedious everything was. It was lots of repetition and lots of studying from our trainee guides. Military lifestyle didn't really hit me until after I got to pensacola. When you're in bootcamp you don't really have a lot of time to think about how your life is changing. It's just kind of happening all at once.

Agrias 05-22-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaGB (Post 32001)
Honestly bootcamp wasn't hard. And this is coming from someone who was pretty scared before I left. PT is veryyyyyy easy there. When you get to A school PT will be much harder than in boot camp. To me the hardest part was probably how tedious everything was. It was lots of repetition and lots of studying from our trainee guides. Military lifestyle didn't really hit me until after I got to pensacola. When you're in bootcamp you don't really have a lot of time to think about how your life is changing. It's just kind of happening all at once.

not sure if i should be happy or sad about that, considering how much longer A school is compared to RTC

Haasino 05-22-2013 03:14 PM

Congrats and welcome to P'cola! You in Charlie or Delta Barracks?

AnnaGB 05-22-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haasino (Post 32005)
Congrats and welcome to P'cola! You in Charlie or Delta Barracks?

I'm in delta. It sucks in delta lol. But oh well.

As for the comment above, I wouldn't be sad about it lol. It is definitely better than bootcamp. It just takes some adjustment moving back into the world and having to learn how to balance your military life with your new freedoms. If you're worried about the PT, don't be. It's a challenge but if you put your best foot forward you will get into great shape in no time.

johnplisac32 05-22-2013 08:45 PM

How do u think it go for me I know most of general orders some of the chain of command not much of ships and carriers but physically fit would etc be hard for me ? Plus I am 32yrs old just wondering

FSLeeABE 05-22-2013 09:15 PM

1. What is the normal pt? (ex. 50 push ups , 60 curl ups,etc)

2. What is pcola like? I'll be there in September

3. Do you know any ABE'S down in pcola?

cc2010 05-29-2013 09:21 AM

What's the deal with cell phones at boot? I've heard multiple stories some saying the division commander keeps them others saying they are sent back home.

FutureND 05-29-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc2010 (Post 32280)
What's the deal with cell phones at boot? I've heard multiple stories some saying the division commander keeps them others saying they are sent back home.

Recruits are not allowed to have cell phones at RTC, period. That is a command rule and is not left to the RDC's.

sweetmtn 05-29-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc2010 (Post 32280)

The only branch of the military that I know that does NOT send cell phones home is the Army. Army recruit cell phones are not sent home but kept by their drill Sgt along with their civilian clothes, and can EARN the right to use their cell phones on occasion...

Emttsg 05-29-2013 05:28 PM

how long after graduation did you leave for A school? did you leave the next day?

FutureND 05-30-2013 07:15 PM

I left for dive prep the same day, took the long journey across the street.

depsailorgroff 05-30-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureND (Post 32350)
I left for dive prep the same day, took the long journey across the street.

I wanted to be a diver at first but I couldnt because I got in on a waiver. Oh well, maybe in a few years.

FutureND 05-30-2013 08:07 PM

What was the waiver for, if you don't mind? I had to get a couple waivers to get in.

depsailorgroff 05-30-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureND (Post 32354)
What was the waiver for, if you don't mind? I had to get a couple waivers to get in.

I PMed you.