NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hospital Corpsmen G000, L500 (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Green side vs Blue side (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6625)

MedicalWorker 04-16-2015 09:57 PM

Green side vs Blue side

If you could pick if you go green side or blue side, which would you pick?

I was dead set on green side, but I have a girlfriend now and she encourages me to do what I truly want, but I am worried maybe going green side will take a lot of ability of seeing her, that blue can maybe allow more chances to see her (from what my recruiter said)

It also seemed that blue side is better for getting my education done while I
In

Any tips, advice, insight, knowledge is much appreciate.

kforbs126 04-17-2015 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MedicalWorker (Post 53307)
If you could pick if you go green side or blue side, which would you pick?

I was dead set on green side, but I have a girlfriend now and she encourages me to do what I truly want, but I am worried maybe going green side will take a lot of ability of seeing her, that blue can maybe allow more chances to see her (from what my recruiter said)

It also seemed that blue side is better for getting my education done while I
In

Any tips, advice, insight, knowledge is much appreciate.

I wish I would have went green side. I'd rather be boots on the ground. Just because your blue side doesn't mean you won't be gone more or have more time for education.

FlyNavy 04-17-2015 07:28 AM

It's a preference thing honestly. The USMC and USN are very different cultures, so just figure out which one fits you best and go for it. There's also a high likelihood that you'll end up doing both eventually anyway.

/r
CTT1

FutureND 04-17-2015 07:55 AM

As an older guy here is my bit of advice... Listen to your girlfriend and do what you want, but keep her out of the equation. I have no clue about your relationship of how serious it is, but if you end up not experiencing things that you could have because of a relationship that may/may not work out you are going to kick yourself later on.

With that being said, hoorah greenside!

FlyNavy 04-17-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureND (Post 53310)
As an older guy here is my bit of advice... Listen to your girlfriend and do what you want, but keep her out of the equation. I have no clue about your relationship of how serious it is, but if you end up not experiencing things that you could have because of a relationship that may/may not work out you are going to kick yourself later on.

With that being said, hoorah greenside!

EXACTLY ^^^^

Do what you can now while you can still do it. You only have this time once in your life.

/r
CTT1

sweetmtn 04-17-2015 09:35 AM

Just my 2 cents worth from my oldest son's experience,,,, He went into the Marines first,,,was not what he was lead to believe it was...now he is Army and much happier there and even with a college degree he WANTED Infantry! He promoted very fast and made E6 in 4 years...he was informed by the Marines that to promote that high would take 10 years..in the Marines he went in as an E2 as that is the highest they allow, when he went in the Army he went in as an E3.

LT Guppy 04-17-2015 01:48 PM

Another thing to keep in mind, it's not a one time choice. My current IDC was with the Marines, now is on the Navy side, and is about to do another tour with the Marines.

MedicalWorker 04-20-2015 05:52 PM

Thanks for the replies, i will pursue my dream and do fmf.