NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   bootcamp in january....questions (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6317)

Samanthakeighly 12-19-2014 11:40 PM

bootcamp in january....questions

I ship in 16 days. I'm am so nervous.... not about boot camp but getting there and being sent home for something stupid.

I have been in dep since may so I've been waiting a long time but now that I'm getting closer I keep dreading the idea of not making it through. Is it normal?

Also I've heard that in the winter you don't get to run as often....ive struggled with my run and need all the time I can....

Any last minute advice for me?

TexasBuilt 12-20-2014 12:26 AM

Hey don't worry about anything ... And I worry about that to getting sent for something I wasnt aware of, but its normal few friends of mines said they felt the same way, if you told your recruiter everything than you have notting to fear .I ship Jan 5th lol I'm in the same boat has you, has far has running I have no idea

LT Guppy 12-20-2014 03:22 AM

The running is all indoors, so shouldn't be any different.

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie 12-20-2014 06:00 AM

All running is indoors like guppy said. You probably won't be able to run as a road guard (we had someone use the excuse that the only reason he wasn't first in the run was because I had more time to run cus I was a road guard. Excuses, excuses.). Even if you do fail the final off and the retake of it, you will be put on fep and they will make sure you pass. Which will consist of PT till you pass. I think they will give you about two months extra if you need it to pass. They DO NOT want to send anyone home. So unless you are just a totally crappy sailor you will do fine. So don't worry. Bootcamp was a joke.

Spook 12-20-2014 09:04 AM

Hardly a joke. I took away some valuable skills from bootcamp. The only thing about basic that really got to me was my shipmates. I tried so hard and there was always that small group of shipmates that just didnt give a shit.

Navy1013 12-20-2014 10:32 AM

I ship 20150106, I still have to shave 2 minutes off my run. I'm trying to work hard at it so I can rank up. It is crunch time. I'm sure everyone will make it.:running20stick20man

Raca1234 12-20-2014 07:56 PM

You'll be alright! Just keep up the motivation, and remember why you're joining the Navy. Good luck! :)

classified9 12-21-2014 11:44 PM

You're going to hear it over and over when you get to boot so I might as well say it here - the only person you should blame for failing is yourself.

Work hard, get in good shape before reporting. The physical part of boot camp was so easy there is no reason anyone coming in cannot smash it. But people choose to sit on the couch and play games and eat McDonalds before reporting (S*ITBAGGERY). DON'T BE LAZY. Set yourself up for success every chance you can!!!!!