NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Ask A Spook! Cryptologic Questions (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5735)

jzhaun 11-19-2017 07:36 PM

The AFQT score only determines whether or not you're eligible to enlist. Line scores determine whether you're eligible for a certain rate (CTI requires VE + MK + GS = 165). For CTI, you'll need to get at least 110 on the DLAB as well.

Navymom2be 08-20-2018 11:53 AM

Daughter is in DEP as CTN

Hey everyone!

My daughter has been in DEP since April of this year and took a CTN position. She let her recruiter know back then that she was hoping to leave soon after high school ended, but her original ship date is Nov 19 of this year. Her recruiter has recently said that because she is listed as a non-reclassification she is tougher to get an early ship date for, but she isn't really interested in losing her rate. Does anyone know how early ship dates work, particularly for the CT rates? I understand that the school only has so many spots at a time so someone else basically has to drop out for her to get in (and the recruiter said it will likely have to be a female as well). Just wondering what her chances are of going early.

Marcheline 12-22-2018 11:09 PM

Hi there and thank you for taking your time to answer questions! I am interested in a CTI rate and I have a couple technical questions. I passed the ASVAB with 82 and the individual scores qualify me for the job. However ,not having a US citizenship disqualifies me from any intel' jobs until I obtain my citizenship. I've been eligible for years but with three kids and only one income I could never pay the nearly $800 in application fees. I am a college graduate and I speak two more languages besides English. I have also experience in translation/interpretation for EU agencies.
I wonder If I can sign a contract for CTI that would be contingent upon becoming a US citizen which I would while in boot camp? I also wonder if the rate is currently undermanned and if this would help my case , considering my qualifications?
Thank you again for all your efforts!

Barbazu 12-24-2018 04:33 PM

This depends a lot on how your recruiting command functions. The command that I work in requires that TS/SCI clearances be fully adjudicated before shipping. If that's the case where you're enlisting out of, then it wouldn't be possible. As far as the actual Big Navy policy, I don't know. I only know how my command functions.
As for manning, right now CTI is not overmanned, but is nearing a balance. Given how the Navy likes to flood a rate I would expect it to say open for a while. It's difficult to find people for this rate because of the DLAB. In fact, we recently gave a girl a waiver for 3 points on her DLAB so she could qualify. Just that alone should tell you that we are in desperate need for CTIs.

CTI_Francis 12-26-2018 11:13 AM

CTI Question

Hello All!

My name is Francis and I ship out 20180522. I enlisted as a CTI after taking the DLAB and scoring a miraculous but still low 114. I just have a few questions that I’m hoping someone might have the answers to. My recruiter says that I’ll be going into bootcamp as an E-3. Is this true?? I know I get automatic E-4 after DLI and upon passing the DLPT, but I haven’t heard of anyone going in as an E-3. I can speak, read and write a decent amount of Japanese and am praying that maybe they will assign it to me. Is it a possibilty or will they give me one of the Big Six/Whatever the Navy needs? Do students get to fly home to spend Christmas with family? (Mine live in SoCal). Is it worth getting a car or should I take a bus/walk everywhere? Is there anyone else shipping out on this day as well? Thank you in advance!