i'm very nervous about leaving i barely
turned 19 a couple of months back and i've
never really been on my own, i have friends
that wrote me from navy bootcamp and i
was wondering how do you cope w/bootcamp
for that time?

NavyMom2007
07-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Hey Erika, you can do this. It's normal to be nervous. Just listen and pay attention to detail. I have some helpful suggestions from a Recruit that was sent home for Medical reasons that I'd be glad to share with you. If you know your 11 General Orders and the other things you need to know before you ship, you won't have to worry about them in boot camp. That will be one less thing you have to worry about, because you'll have enough on your mind. Kristin just went through boot camp and she was nervous, but she said it wasn't so bad. Hopefully she'll come aboard and answer your questions and calm your fears. As for mail, your friends probably told you how much they appreciated the extra support, so we'd be glad to write you as well. Eight weeks goes by faster than you think, but I know that the first three are the hardest.

Hang in there. We are your biggest fans!:love:

graciouserika
07-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey Erika, you can do this. It's normal to be nervous. Just listen and pay attention to detail. I have some helpful suggestions from a Recruit that was sent home for Medical reasons that I'd be glad to share with you. If you know your 11 General Orders and the other things you need to know before you ship, you won't have to worry about them in boot camp. That will be one less thing you have to worry about, because you'll have enough on your mind. Kristin just went through boot camp and she was nervous, but she said it wasn't so bad. Hopefully she'll come aboard and answer your questions and calm your fears. As for mail, your friends probably told you how much they appreciated the extra support, so we'd be glad to write you as well. Eight weeks goes by faster than you think, but I know that the first three are the hardest.

Hang in there. We are your biggest fans!:love:

thnx:]

flipmom
07-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Hey Erika,
The unknown is always scary, but once you get to BC, you will find young ladies and men same age as you are, going through the same process you are going through. You will meet and make long time friends. When my son left for BC he was nervous, but once he got there, he had so much fun. LOL
We have Amanda ( Nature girl) who is in BC right now and she just turned 18.
Hopefully her mom will come over here and let us all know how she is doing in BC. You can do it, Erika !!!

KryptoMom
07-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi Erika - It's absolutely natural to be nervous, especially when making a big life change.

My son, Sean (spook22), left for BC 3 days before his 19th birthday. He'd never been away from home either. He left his family and girlfriend behind (Amanda - who is now in BC), and never looked back. I think they keep you so busy, that there's not much time to think about home.

He just graduated on July 17th. He's made some good friends in BC, and is currently doing well in Pensacola.

We are all here to support you thru this. The support from this site really helped Sean (and me). You can do this!! Just keep in mind all of the wonderful opportunities the Navy has to offer you.

sweetmtn
07-29-2009, 12:26 AM
I agree with what the others have said...and if you want TONS of mail...just have someone in your family join here or a friend and have them let us know your mailing address at boot camp! My son too went to boot pretty much right out of high school, he was 18, he is now 21 and on the USS Nimitz as a nuke machinist mate...:hula:

SR.AO
07-29-2009, 01:12 AM
I know ur nerves lol. You should feel the butterflies flying around in MY stomach lol. I think I'm the most nervous on here as far as going to BC. I'm leaving behind a Wife and 3 y/o daughter to go....It blows BIG TIME but Craig, and my Wife have re-assured me its for the best...Hope I see that as I'm going thru BC or I'm gonna have one hell of a time mentally....

Craig
07-29-2009, 01:22 AM
Erika,
You don't have time to think of anything in BC... They keep you too busy.... You are just like the other 75 females in your division. You just do your job the best you know how, and work through it....
You will come to enjoy BC after your done. You don't want to ever do it again, but, it's fun afterwards.... You'll make it just fine....

NatureMom
07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi Erika,

As you have read some posts you know my daughter, Amanda, is currently in BC. i haven't received a letter yet (bummer!), but as soon as I do I will be more than happy to share it with you. I'm sure you will appreciate a view point from a female.