PDA

View Full Version : Just DEPed in as a CTN with absolutely no computer knowledge

NavyHooyah
03-27-2017, 10:59 AM
I went to MEPS with the intension of signing as AIRC but it wasn't available so I chose CTN because I've heard they have good advancement and great jobs outside of the navy. The problem is I know nothing about computers other than how to use the internet. I've heard horror stories about how tough JCAC is and Im worried I won't get through it. I ship in Nov so I can change it, but my question is should I? It seems like I was very lucky to get this rate.

FlyNavy
03-27-2017, 08:16 PM
I went to MEPS with the intension of signing as AIRC but it wasn't available so I chose CTN because I've heard they have good advancement and great jobs outside of the navy. The problem is I know nothing about computers other than how to use the internet. I've heard horror stories about how tough JCAC is and Im worried I won't get through it. I ship in Nov so I can change it, but my question is should I? It seems like I was very lucky to get this rate.

I've seen guys with a background in infosec get dropped and guys make it that have barely touched a machine before. It really comes down to your ability to quickly understand things and to think logically (aka like a machine!).

I was the LPO for a CTN shop for several years, so I've got plenty of experience. I also have my Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Penetration Tester, and a few other certs if you have technical questions.

If you go down to Pensacola with the intent of hitting the books HARD and not being a party animal, there's always a chance. Take it seriously and there's no reason you can't be successful.

/r
CTT1