PDA

View Full Version : Cross training into ND

ladow22
02-06-2016, 01:55 AM
Has anyone or does anyone know how difficult it is to cross train into a SO job such as ND? I have heard it is challenging to stay fit enough while on sea duty and such.. but i am convinced I'm just not in shape enough yet to be able to pass the diver training if i got a contract.

FlyNavy
02-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Has anyone or does anyone know how difficult it is to cross train into a SO job such as ND? I have heard it is challenging to stay fit enough while on sea duty and such.. but i am convinced I'm just not in shape enough yet to be able to pass the diver training if i got a contract.

I have a few friends in spec ops.

You'll have plenty of time to stay in shape because that's part of your job. Not being in shape can get you or your friends killed, so you'll be given the chance to stay in shape. Don't worry.

The biggest thing you need to worry about it being prepared for the training and then making it through.

/r
CTT1

FutureND
02-06-2016, 11:41 PM
The hard part is going to be cross rating. It's very hard for people who are already in to get into ND. The only way to guarantee your shot is to earn a contract before you ship out.