PDA

View Full Version : AECF Family Moving information

bob7671
01-27-2016, 07:47 PM
Hey everyone, currently in DEP and just wanted to ask about moving my wife and daughter during AECF. First off, is it something I can actually do while in A school because I've gotten mixed responses from recruiters. Second, will the navy pay for the move? Third, how long is schooling for AECF. ET and FC are both cool and im good with either one.

LT Guppy
01-28-2016, 05:50 AM
The navy will pay for the move if your school is longer than 6 months.
But in general, it is honestly not worth the trouble to move for such a short amount of time.

gopacgo12
01-28-2016, 09:25 AM
They will move you from your home of record to your first duty station, and when your family travels to that duty station. If they will be driving a car they will have to keep all gas receipts for reimbursement and if they fly then make sure they keep airline receipts. The navy only pays to move you to your duty stations. Any addition moves within that time without orders are out of pocket.

bob7671
01-28-2016, 07:57 PM
How long is A school for ET or FC

LT Guppy
01-28-2016, 08:00 PM
Do you have a 4 or 6 year contract?

bob7671
01-28-2016, 08:04 PM
its a 6 year active 2 reserve. Originally I was SNPACT 4-4 and then reclassed to AECF for 6-2.

Keirstrider
01-29-2016, 04:16 PM
I just finished indoctrination for ATT school and I'm currently stationed at TSC Great Lakes for ET instruction. TSC will address moving your family to TSC Great Lakes for the ET & FC rates once you are assigned to the base for instruction. There's a stipulation that you must have six months or more remaining on your orders when you submit the paperwork to move your family here during your schooling or it will not get approved.

The Navy will not pay to move your family here though (they noted that specifically during the indoc) because this will not be the permanent duty station you get assigned. But if you do choose to move the family to Great Lakes, then you will be footing the bill to move your family once you get assigned to your permanent duty station after the completion of A school. If you do not choose to move them to Great Lakes during your DUI- Duty Under Instruction, they will pay to move your family to your permanent duty station.

I considered moving my family here when I learned how long the schooling will take, but i determined its not worth the expense at this time.