PDA

View Full Version : Advice About Security Clearance

Cheesehead12
12-11-2015, 08:33 PM
So I just got back from MEPS today and got my rate as a nuke. A couple of days ago I went in to my recruiters office and turned in my security clearance and asked about whether I needed to list the parking tickets I had recieved, as I have had quite a few, but they have all been paid. My recruiter said that I did not need to put them on the form because they didnt show up on my record. When I went to MEPS, I was asked again if I had had any parking tickets and I said no because I was told to always say the same things that I had listed on all other forms, by my recruiter. Now I'm worried that the FBI will find out and disqualify me, or whatever happens when they find out about these kinds of things. What do you guys suggest I do?

Haasino
12-11-2015, 09:36 PM
MEPS is MEPS... But you never want to lie to a background investigator. As long as the parking tickets are paid off, there's no reason they should affect you shipping to RTC. I don't recall any questions on the SF-86 you fill out for a clearance asking about parking tickets anyway.

Once again though... if you meet with an investigator, and he asks about tickets, tell the truth! He probably already knows anyway.

mb11g
12-12-2015, 08:28 AM
First off if the parking tickets are not over a certain dollar amount they do not go on a security clearance (as long as they aren't all like $300). Second of all relax, you will probably be fine. I wouldn't freak out that much about tickets, you would rather have that than some of those I work with that had worse. I'm not just giving you a generic response on here, I had a two hour interview myself (I'm an IS in the fleet). Feel free to ask any other questions if you have them.

Cheesehead12
12-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Thanks guys!! You helped calm a lot of nerves I was having!

FlyNavy
12-12-2015, 08:30 PM
First off if the parking tickets are not over a certain dollar amount they do not go on a security clearance (as long as they aren't all like $300). Second of all relax, you will probably be fine. I wouldn't freak out that much about tickets, you would rather have that than some of those I work with that had worse. I'm not just giving you a generic response on here, I had a two hour interview myself (I'm an IS in the fleet). Feel free to ask any other questions if you have them.

Please get your account verified.
You've had plenty of time, if there are issues please let me know.

/r
CTT1

blacktemplar
12-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Please get your account verified.
You've had plenty of time, if there are issues please let me know.

/r
CTT1

Heh, I meant to aswell, I'm gonna do it now.