PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for AECF?

14verduma@gmail
11-24-2015, 06:36 PM
I know every rate is considered an "entry level" position, but does anyone have suggestions on topics to be familiar with before shipping?

selocon
11-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Its hard to say. As you said, its entry level, and you don't know yet if you're going ET or FC. And besides, that's what "A" School is for.

-Selo

Just4Kixs
11-25-2015, 01:23 AM
Learn all about circuits, diodes, and all that jazz. ATT for FCs and ETs is long... I think about 11-13 weeks. That's not including A school. Once you get to A school, you have a long way to go too but that's where you learn about radars and stuff for FCs.

sonicboom
11-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Don't worry about pre preparations. They will teach you everything you need to learn in A school. You will get a test on Fridays on what was covered for that week. Just make sure to study and pay attention in class. IF you have good study habits everything will be just fine. Some weeks will be more difficult then others and require more study time. I always made sure I studied a little bit each night. I end up graduating 3rd in my class without much effort from OS A school.

BloodyPheonix
11-25-2015, 01:59 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with basic electronics. Some stuff it's better to let the navy teach you because they do it their way and if you learn another it may be difficult to switch. Learn about voltage, current, resistance, and power. Series and parallel circuits. The differences between AC and DC probably won't hurt. If you feel ambitious and have the resources learning the function of different electronic components is probably not a bad idea either. Resistors, solid state devices like diodes and transistors, considering these all use formulas that are mostly standard across different books, I don't think you would do wrong with them.