PDA

View Full Version : Back at last!

MickeyMcD
05-30-2015, 06:48 AM
Hey y'all! I just graduated yesterday 29 May 15 and woo wee what a time it was! If any y'all got questions go ahead and ask 'em! :)

BonzerAsp
05-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Welcome back!

sonmarie
06-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Welcome back!

I'm in dep leaving in a week, do you have advice on what I need to know to pass the dep test? :newbie:

blacktemplar
06-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Did you have a leadership position?

BonzerAsp
06-02-2015, 07:09 PM
I'm in dep leaving in a week, do you have advice on what I need to know to pass the dep test? :newbie:

It's REALLY easy. Just know your ranks and recognition, 11 general orders, sailor's creed, and I THINK your chain of command. It has been a bit since I went to basic lol

MickeyMcD
06-03-2015, 05:47 AM
It's REALLY easy. Just know your ranks and recognition, 11 general orders, sailor's creed, and I THINK your chain of command. It has been a bit since I went to basic lol

Basically this, minus the chain of command. You MIGHT get an off the walls question like what what does LES stand for or identify an aircraft carrier in a picture...but again. It's easy. Just know your general knowledge from the START guide.

MickeyMcD
06-03-2015, 05:49 AM
My RDCs wouldn't let me be in a real leadership position because I was the only Mail PO in our division lol

blacktemplar
06-03-2015, 06:25 AM
Did the port n' starboard watches get E3 in your division?
I'm aiming to volunteer for port/ starboard watch or ARPOC.

BonzerAsp
06-03-2015, 10:06 AM
I think one of our did. The job itself doesn't mean you'll get promoted. It's how you handle the job. Sometimes all you have to be is a section leader if you're really good at it.

FlyNavy
06-03-2015, 10:08 AM
We had guys promoted that didn't even have a divisional job. They were just kick ass recruits and had some serious progression.

/r
CTT1

blacktemplar
06-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I figured if I give my 110 percent in boot in a leadership position, get reconsidered without showing off and not make my peers look bad, I'll get promoted.

FlyNavy
06-03-2015, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I figured if I give my 110 percent in boot in a leadership position, get reconsidered without showing off and not make my peers look bad, I'll get promoted.

It's all always about the team. It's not how well you do, it's how well you help the group do. That goes for your entire career really, not just boot.

/r
CTT1

blacktemplar
06-03-2015, 11:38 AM
:iagree: Definitely. General Navy question CTT1, after bootcamp, what's the most annoying thing in the Navy, the incompetence of some people?

BonzerAsp
06-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Oh god the incompetence is way too prevalent. I swear there's 2 people in my shop that make me wonder how they haven't become a part of a safety statistic yet. There's idiots and then there's the guys that think they're hot shit and better than everyone else.

EDIT: Oh oh oh and there's also the people that just don't care about anything and are complete shitbags. You see that a lot with people that are close to their retirement date on their first contract. There's also the, You-"Hey can you go do this or look at this for me please?" Other person, "Yeah sure!" -Walks away and doesn't ever do it- lol

MickeyMcD
06-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Just to add a quick bit on the advancement...just because RDCs CAN advance 10% of the division doesn't mean they will. The only one they gave it to was our Port Watch and they even said it was because SWL was a pile of hot trash along with most of the division and the only others they would've given it to were already E-3 lol