PDA

View Full Version : Out of Boot (Oct 2014)

navybound7
11-01-2014, 09:42 AM
I graduated from bootcamp on 24Oct14 and am now stationed at Corry Station in Pensacola Florida. I class up for IT on Monday. If anyone has any questions about boot camp, I am happy to answer them for you since I just graduated and it is all pretty fresh in my mind.

Just a little bit of information on boot camp. The first few weeks suck. P-Days is the worst part of boot. You will be home sick, I'm in my mid 20s and I was homesick for the first little bit. Once you get into the routine it will be easy. Don't get discouraged. Also, they are constantly changing rules and the majority of the stuff you do depends on your RDCs, so while I can tell someone how it was for my division, it may be very different for yours. bootcamp was the worst/best thing I have ever been through. What I mean by that is, as you are going through parts of it, you are thinking about how much it sucks and you start questioning whether you made the right decision, but stick it out because at the end you realize how fast that time went, how many new "family" you have, and how positive of an experience it was. It is well worth it.

So ask me your questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Haasino
11-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Welcome back!

BonzerAsp
11-02-2014, 08:31 AM
I graduated the same day. What division were you in?

navybound7
11-03-2014, 02:16 PM
division 341. what were you?

BonzerAsp
11-05-2014, 05:25 PM
338 All the way lol