PDA

View Full Version : STG after Recruit Training

ronec
08-28-2014, 03:23 PM
Do all STG's have to do the course in Great Lakes after RTC but before A-School, and do they all have C-School? I was looking at the rate info on this site and there is only mention of a 61 day A-School.

LT Guppy
08-29-2014, 09:45 PM
STGs just have A School in California. 6 year STGs will do C School too, 4 year STGs won't.

kate9118
07-08-2015, 01:47 PM
STGs just have A School in California. 6 year STGs will do C School too, 4 year STGs won't.
for 6 year STG do you always have to do ATT school at great Lakes? I've heard rumors of Pensacola but they weren't really sure.

FlyNavy
07-08-2015, 04:11 PM
for 6 year STG do you always have to do ATT school at great Lakes? I've heard rumors of Pensacola but they weren't really sure.

Pensacola ATT is typically only for aviation and CT folks that need the course (since that's where their schools are). You'll be doing yours at Great Lakes with the FCs and ETs. Either way, it's not that long of a course so it doesn't matter much in the long run. Just get in and get it over with.

/r
CTT1

kate9118
07-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Pensacola ATT is typically only for aviation and CT folks that need the course (since that's where their schools are). You'll be doing yours at Great Lakes with the FCs and ETs. Either way, it's not that long of a course so it doesn't matter much in the long run. Just get in and get it over with.

/r
CTT1

ok thanks!

Elph_29
05-22-2016, 02:58 PM
I'm about to graduate ATT in Great Lakes and its 7 weeks long. Somewhat tedious but there's almost no hold time for us there. We are on holds for about two months in San Diego though.