PDA

View Full Version : Entrance Question

AWC
08-01-2014, 01:22 AM
So my recruiter seems really freaked out that i'm job-locked and I feel like he rather just send people to meps that will choose any job available. He's asked me twice now "What if all you can do is be a cook?".

Anyway I was wondering, to become an ND do you have to sign a ND contract before shipping out? Can you just have any rate and volunteer for ND while in boot, or do you have to be in a particular rate to volunteer?

Thanks.

FutureND
08-01-2014, 07:23 AM
For a ND contract you will first have to pick a different job at MEPS. After that you will take the PST and your scores will be put up against the scores of other going for a ND contract and if they are good enough you will get picked up. You will then have to go to your recruiters office and sign a new contract. Yes, this is all done before you ship.

AWC
08-01-2014, 09:01 AM
I haven't signed a contract yet. Thanks for all the info!

FutureND
08-01-2014, 10:21 AM
When you do sign a contract make sure it will be something you are good with doing just in case you do not get a ND contract.

AWC
08-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Do I have to get a contract before getting an ND contrac?

FutureND
08-01-2014, 03:30 PM
That is how I did it, but I was joining the navy regardless. I have heard of other people who were in my class that just took the PST first and didn't sign a contract until after they were picked up for diver.

AWC
08-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Ok. Thanks a lot for all the answers FutureND.