PDA

View Full Version : Graduated Bootcamp, At A School - May 2014

FTSYNFord
06-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Hey all! I PIR'ed on May 30th and am now here at YN A School in Meridian,MS. You can ask any questions about bootcamp no holds barred except anything thats covered by a page 13! and...Go.

futureSPOOK32
06-07-2014, 05:10 PM
I'll be the the first to ask about bootcamp! What would you say is the hardest part in general?

FS Garcia
06-07-2014, 05:56 PM
How many letters did you get to send out? And were you able to send them to multiple people at the same time?

BubbaGumps64
06-07-2014, 06:59 PM
How many letters did you get to send out? And were you able to send them to multiple people at the same time?

You can send as many letters as you want in boot camp. But only on Sundays does mail get sent out.

FTSYNFord
06-07-2014, 09:33 PM
The hardest part is honestly staying awake and letting things roll off your back. You have to remember...they are trying to teach you military bearing and resiliency. just keep that in mind and take it one day at a time and its cake.

ldavis21
06-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Hey all! I PIR'ed on May 30th and am now here at YN A School in Meridian,MS. You can ask any questions about bootcamp no holds barred except anything thats covered by a page 13! and...Go.

trying to find my friend John Shannon could you help me? he should have just graduated as well

FutureND
06-07-2014, 10:34 PM
You can send as many letters as you want in boot camp. But only on Sundays does mail get sent out.

Make friends with the mail PO. They will go and pick up mail everyday, and can help get letters out other days of the week. We used to sneak letters into his backpack after dinner and he would drop them off to be sent out when he picked up the mail.

futureSPOOK32
06-08-2014, 09:39 AM
Haha, yah I figure that the hardest part will staying awake, i'm not worried about the rest.

Haasino
06-08-2014, 10:03 AM
trying to find my friend John Shannon could you help me? he should have just graduated as well

Each PIR can have as many as 9 divisions graduating... each with up to 90 Recruits... and you will never know or have contact with anybody in another division because anywhere that you may be with Recruits from another division (Medical, Dental, etc.), talking is prohibited. Unless your friend happened to by in the OP's division, the chances are slim-to-none that they know anything about them.

Have you tried Facebook? Literally everybody has a profile these days...

dreboy32
12-26-2014, 10:03 AM
What were some of the billets available for YN once you graduated A school? Can you pick the state of your 1st duty station or is it just the region?(west coast, east coast, etc)

Raca1234
12-26-2014, 12:02 PM
During P-days, what would you say was the hardest part (all the hectic moving around, people getting yelled at, etc.)? Besides staying awake obviously?

classified9
12-27-2014, 12:15 AM
During P-days, what would you say was the hardest part (all the hectic moving around, people getting yelled at, etc.)? Besides staying awake obviously?

Just be prepared for feeling like crap. You're going to get your shots and you're going to feel absolutely terrible. Don't let it get to your head, you're going to learn to live "one day at a time." No one truly understands what that means until you get there, just focus on making it to your rack that night and all of a sudden it's time to graduate. I didn't find boot camp challenging at all but don't be that guy that makes a calendar in his trainee guide and checks it constantly. When you start thinking about I have X amount of days left it is really going to drag - PARTICULARLY in p-days. Don't count the days, make the days count!

Raca1234
12-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Just be prepared for feeling like crap. You're going to get your shots and you're going to feel absolutely terrible. Don't let it get to your head, you're going to learn to live "one day at a time." No one truly understands what that means until you get there, just focus on making it to your rack that night and all of a sudden it's time to graduate. I didn't find boot camp challenging at all but don't be that guy that makes a calendar in his trainee guide and checks it constantly. When you start thinking about I have X amount of days left it is really going to drag - PARTICULARLY in p-days. Don't count the days, make the days count!

That's probably some of the best advice I've heard...thank you!!