PDA

View Full Version : E-2 When Graduate Bootcamp

Minmuf1
05-28-2014, 01:49 PM
Hi all. Just a question I have AECF and am wondering is it true that once you graduate boot camp you'll automatically be promoted to E-2? Or is it contingent upon whether you pass the initial PFA?

Atom_breaker
05-28-2014, 02:14 PM
It's not automatic. There are a couple of ways the move up though I believe.

Haasino
05-28-2014, 03:26 PM
According to MILPERSMAN 1510-030 (http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/milpersman/1000/1500Training/Documents/1510-030.pdf), you will be advanced to E-2 upon completion of Recruit Training Command... provided you're enrolled in an AEF or ATF program.

Minmuf1
05-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Awesome thanks! Looks like I'll (hopefully), be an E2 once I graduate. If they haven't changed anything. The Classifier said the same thing I just wanted to double check.

jzhaun
05-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Yep, any E-1 in an ATF rate will be promoted to E-2 at the end of bootcamp. The official start date is when they stamp your orders as having left the command, so you can start wearing the rank once you arrive at A-school.

BubbaGumps64
05-28-2014, 07:11 PM
Hi all. Just a question I have AECF and am wondering is it true that once you graduate boot camp you'll automatically be promoted to E-2? Or is it contingent upon whether you pass the initial PFA?

That is not true. I believe that for AECF once you graduate your A &C schools you will be E4, if I'm not mistaken. Though, you can advance to E2 in bootcamp if you pass the DEP test and the baseline PFA. But that has nothing to do with being AECF.

Another way is if your RDC's decide to advance you. my RDC's onl advanced those with leadership positions (RPOC, AROC, yeoman).

FutureND
05-28-2014, 08:38 PM
That is not true. I believe that for AECF once you graduate your A &C schools you will be E4, if I'm not mistaken. Though, you can advance to E2 in bootcamp if you pass the DEP test and the baseline PFA. But that has nothing to do with being AECF.

Ok, here is a great time to teach all of the newer folks a few things about the navy. The question was asked about advancement. Then a few posts later you have hassino post a link to the official military instruction with the answer (which by the way is that yes you will get e2 upon graduation). Thn a few posts later you have someone who not only gives their "opinion" of what the answer is, but that completely contradicts navy instruction.

The lesson in all of this is thy throughout your career you will have questions and will ask the people around you, and you will most likely get many different answers. When it comes to your career, and your money, it is in your best interest to not only ask those aroud you, but the research and check their answers. There is an official instruction for every single thing you will go through while in the navy, and it can all be found with a bit of digging.