PDA

View Full Version : Just graduated!

nick93
01-19-2014, 01:22 AM
I just graduated friday january 17. im currently at nattc pensacola as an A pact. feel free to ask any bootcamp questions. I will do my best to answer asap.

Temen
01-19-2014, 02:09 AM
Congrats on your graduation! Are they still handing out backpacks and plastic water bottles?
By the way, any idea what ratings you're interested in? I could try to get you some information if you had any questions.

crobinson89
01-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Congratulations Sailor!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! How was your overall experience at boot camp?

kdgriffin
01-19-2014, 03:37 PM
Congratulations....Not extremely important, but wondering if they are still doing mandatory haircuts for females. Thanks in advance.

TYWong
01-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Congratulations sailor! :)

How often did you guys get IT'd?

Race
01-19-2014, 09:44 PM
How soon did you get your uniforms?

LT Guppy
01-19-2014, 09:51 PM
You get your uniforms throughout. You get your NWUs very early on. But your dress uniforms are issued later because they have to be hemmed and fitted.

John
01-21-2014, 09:56 AM
Well, first off congrats on graduating bootcamp.

My question is did you rank up at RTC or do you know anyone that did? I'm going in as an E-1 so I'm really looking forward to passing any physical or written test. Is the written test just on Ranks, CoC, orders etc. ?

becab2
01-21-2014, 10:07 PM
Congrats!! I am going to Pensacola for my A school as well!!

What is boot camp really like, is it like the video they show you faces of boot camp 2014? How often did you really PT and get in trouble? Did you get a recruit job while there??
Oh, Also did you have to know the Chain of Command TItles or Titles with the people in the positions? We are getting mixed answers on that!!!
Sorry for questions but I ship out in March and I'm just wanting to know as much as possible!!

nick93
01-21-2014, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=kdgriffin;39999]Congratulations....Not extremely important, but wondering if they are still doing mandatory haircuts for females. Thanks in advance.

no i believe as of the new year that haircuts are not mandatory for females.

nick93
01-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Congrats!! I am going to Pensacola for my A school as well!!

What is boot camp really like, is it like the video they show you faces of boot camp 2014? How often did you really PT and get in trouble? Did you get a recruit job while there??
Oh, Also did you have to know the Chain of Command TItles or Titles with the people in the positions? We are getting mixed answers on that!!!
Sorry for questions but I ship out in March and I'm just wanting to know as much as possible!!

yeah the videos that you will find on youtube are all fake. bootcamp is nothing like that. you will pt as a division alot but its not hard at all. as far as getting ITd we only got ITd 3 times. they can drop you but its really not that bad. just be in some kind of shape before you go and youll be fine... and as far as the chain of command make sure you study your start guide. you will need to know the chain of commmand and rank/recognition right away and youll need that for all your inspections thru out bootcamp.

nick93
01-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Well, first off congrats on graduating bootcamp.

My question is did you rank up at RTC or do you know anyone that did? I'm going in as an E-1 so I'm really looking forward to passing any physical or written test. Is the written test just on Ranks, CoC, orders etc. ?

yes i did get promoted to E2 for passing the dep test and my pfa. that is the easiest way to get advanced in bootcamp so just try your best to be in good shape for your first pfa and study your start guide.

nick93
01-21-2014, 10:18 PM
How soon did you get your uniforms?

yeah youll wear sweats and boots for the first week or 2 and then youll get fitted for your nwus and youll have those pretty soon. dress uniforms are done like week 4 or 5 and youll get them in time for graduation.

BubbaGumps64
01-21-2014, 10:35 PM
no i believe as of the new year that haircuts are not mandatory for females.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's a sudden change. Did you see female recruits at boot camp with their hair in a bun?

becab2
01-21-2014, 10:46 PM
cool thanks for the info! However the chain of command...do you mean know the titles and the people in the titles or just know the titles? b/c we have know way of knowing who are in the titles now!!

Were there people that went in and couldn't do hardly any of the physical things?

again thanks and sorry I"m just well you know how you were when you first went...wanted to know everything and tons of questions!! lol

nick93
01-22-2014, 10:00 PM
cool thanks for the info! However the chain of command...do you mean know the titles and the people in the titles or just know the titles? b/c we have know way of knowing who are in the titles now!!

Were there people that went in and couldn't do hardly any of the physical things?

again thanks and sorry I"m just well you know how you were when you first went...wanted to know everything and tons of questions!! lol

its no problem i wanna help people out. i had tons of questions before i went too lol. yes you have to know the entire chain of command and the names. i will try to find my training guide and post the current chain of command. obviously you wont know the very bottom until you get there.

yes there were people that couldnt do the pfa. but no one from my division failed. we pushed everyone the last pfa and we all graduated.... but honestly if you just run and do some push up and sit ups before you leave and get in some kind of shape youll be fine. they start out small and work there way up as far as pt goes.

becab2
01-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the info!! If you do get a chance to post the chain of command that would be GREAT!!!

The pfa yes I'm worried as all get out...I am trying to get in shape and I'm struggling with the push ups and I leave in March! I'm so so so nervous!!

LT Guppy
01-23-2014, 07:47 AM
The bottom half of the chain of command changes all the time, sometimes while you're in bootcamp.

BubbaGumps64
01-26-2014, 08:35 PM
You mentioned that you don't think haircuts are mandatory for female recruits as of the new year. Was an announcement made about this or did you see female recruits without their hair cut? Just curious.