PDA

View Full Version : Graduated Friday!

D.Brothers
01-11-2014, 11:35 PM
Hey guys I just graduated Friday. Feel free to ask questions about basic.

Silipino
01-12-2014, 12:13 AM
What was the toughest part of boot camp?

Race
01-12-2014, 12:29 AM
What happens if you dont pass the first PFA but the rest? How intense was firefighting? And how many RPOCs did you go through?
I ship out in 11 days so I would love to get as much info as possible.

sweetmtn
01-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Congratulations SAILOR! :happyfeet:

LT Guppy
01-12-2014, 01:03 PM
What happens if you dont pass the first PFA but the rest? How intense was firefighting? And how many RPOCs did you go through?

Firefighting is a lot of fun :)

Agrias
01-12-2014, 02:43 PM

The only PFA you need to pass is the 3rd one. Firefighting was a joke imo, the one in A school was a bit better. We had 1 rpoc from beginning to end, though other divs probably had a couple fired.

I remember asking a lot of things here before I shipped out also and then found out none of it even mattered when I was actually in it. Just don't worry about it and go. If anything, just listen to instructions, and study. Don't be one of those dirtbags that still think they're the high school class clown.

delucabv23
01-12-2014, 04:34 PM
hey D brothers how are you? congrats on graduating....im still waiting to leave lol. I got my earlier ship date...I ship march 4th

D.Brothers
01-12-2014, 09:44 PM
What was the toughest part of boot camp?

Lack of sleep for sure. Bootcamp really isn't too hard as long as you pay attention and DONT fall asleep when your not supposed to. Keep your mind sharp and you'll have an easy day

D.Brothers
01-12-2014, 10:58 PM

Like was stated before the last one is the one that actually counts. In my opinion you don't get enough running throughout you time there so by the time the last one comes around its rougher than it should be. But you should be fine. Firefighting was pretty dull for us because it was too cold for the fires to light up so we didn't get to actually put out a fire and the classes are long a boring... stay awake. We had the same RCPO all through bootcamp but our brother div went through like 6-8 of them.

D.Brothers
01-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Congratulations SAILOR! :happyfeet:

Thank you very much! Thank you for all the help and information that you gave me before I left.

D.Brothers
01-12-2014, 11:08 PM
hey D brothers how are you? congrats on graduating....im still waiting to leave lol. I got my earlier ship date...I ship march 4th

Hey Deluca, Thank you, I'm doing great now lol. Im glad you got an earlier ship date thats awesome! Hopefully the wait goes by fast for you. Its definitely worth it.

BubbaGumps64
01-13-2014, 12:10 AM
Hey, congrats on graduating sailor.

Just a quick question, how many inspections are there in boot camp? I'm not too familiar with how those work.

crobinson89
01-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Congratulations sailor! :) Good luck and God bless you and your navy career!

Mackin1231
01-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Sheesh feels like you just left. Welcome Back.

D.Brothers
01-13-2014, 08:24 PM
BubbaGump, thank you very much. You will have inspections per phase of training. First is the mca phase where you will be inspected in your nwu's and rack make up/ fold and stow. Next ia the cart phase where you will have an inspection on nws' s again and weapons turnover and drill. (Study the wti questions). Finally is the fep phase where you'll be inspected in your nsu's or dress blues/whites, fold and stow and another drill. Just make sure you know your chain of command, rank/recognition, general orders and the co's top 6 and you'll be fine.

Crobinson - thank you and thank you for your blessings

Mackin - yeah it feels like I just left. It was awesome though. Thanks for the welcome back! I'm happy I get to pass on the knowledge to deppers like it was done for me.

notcoreyclark
01-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Congrats Sailor! July can't get here fast enough for me.

D.Brothers
01-15-2014, 12:01 AM
Congrats Sailor! July can't get here fast enough for me.

Thank you. July will be here before you know it. Definitely use this time to prepare and go into it as sharp as you can. Good job field btw :yesnod:

notcoreyclark
01-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Thank you. July will be here before you know it. Definitely use this time to prepare and go into it as sharp as you can. Good job field btw :yesnod:

Good tip. Let me know how life of an ET is in A school.

D.Brothers
01-15-2014, 09:45 PM
Good tip. Let me know how life of an ET is in A school.

Yeah will do. So far we are on hold for a few weeks until we start ATT school for 9 weeks then we get to move on to A school. After that we will have a few C schools. I will keep everything posted on how they go. I have a buddy who's an FC so I will see how they are going too.

becab2
01-16-2014, 03:35 AM
Hi, I am new to the page and I shop out 20140304 (AO)

mpombo93
01-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Congrats! :bubbleheads:

shamablama
01-16-2014, 10:28 AM
My only question is does every one have to get the Peanut Butter shot or is it just for people who get sick? And if you got it, how bad is it really?

BubbaGumps64
01-16-2014, 01:27 PM
My only question is does every one have to get the Peanut Butter shot or is it just for people who get sick? And if you got it, how bad is it really?

I haven't been to boot camp yet but I do know that everyone gets it. Unless you're allergic to it, if so you will be given an alternative which I think is a pill.

As for how bad it is, I've heard it's sore for a bit after you get it. Best advice would be to rub the area where they give you the shot so it won't be as sore. But that should be the least of your worries.

notcoreyclark
01-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Yeah will do. So far we are on hold for a few weeks until we start ATT school for 9 weeks then we get to move on to A school. After that we will have a few C schools. I will keep everything posted on how they go. I have a buddy who's an FC so I will see how they are going too.

Good to know! Looking forward to hearing more.

becab2
01-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Thanks when do you ship out?

D.Brothers
01-19-2014, 10:36 PM

Yes everyone get it. We actually got two while we were there which sucked. But you'll only get two if there bad cases of strep throat floating around. But yeah they hurt for a bit. The actual shot does sucks for a few seconds, Just breathe and don't focus on it and it will go smooth. You will be sore for a day or two. Try your best to walk normal, your going to want to walk with a limp but it will do you better if you can tough it out trust me. All in all though its really not that bad. Good luck. If you have any other questions juat ask.

D.Brothers
01-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Congrats! :bubbleheads:

Thankk you!

ddh91
02-06-2014, 04:50 PM
congrats!
I heard that majority of the training is done indoors, is this true?
I was hoping to be shipped out in september but I heard that its a bad idea since it will be freezing cold and all the running/marches are outside...
also, someone said that you have an option of running or swimming for the physical... is this true?

CSSEsaw
02-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Did it hurt when they were pulling your wisdom teeth out?

CSSEsaw
02-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Also if you could add som input on this, since you were at BC it would be helpful! http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5163