PDA

View Full Version : Just graduated and heading to Monterey!

ejrwelch
11-16-2013, 07:28 AM
I'm willing to answer all questions since I feel over preparing is a good thing! My boot camp experience was reeeeeeaalllllly tame though so take my advice and stories but remember everyone's personal experience is different! :) ask away!

D.Brothers
11-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Congratulations! I'm leaving monday, I can't wait

bronxCTM
11-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Congratulations! I'm pretty excited myself, leaving in a little over a week :)

jzhaun
11-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Word of advice - eat in the airport whenever possible! A lot of newbies get in really late at night when there's nothing open on base here. You can get reimbursed for it if you keep the receipts, I did when I got here.

D.Brothers
11-16-2013, 10:20 AM
Word of advice - eat in the airport whenever possible! A lot of newbies get in really late at night when there's nothing open on base here. You can get reimbursed for it if you keep the receipts, I did when I got here.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip

jzhaun
11-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Just to be clear, I'm talking about the flight from RTC to DLI. I can't speak for any other A schools, since I've never been to them.

D.Brothers
11-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Just to be clear, I'm talking about the flight from RTC to DLI. I can't speak for any other A schools, since I've never been to them.

Ah ok gotcha. Ill be in GL anyways lol

ejrwelch
11-16-2013, 04:02 PM
You guys should be excited! You'll do fine! just be prepared for snow soon and wearing the ridiculous ski masks. They are awful! and thanks Jzhaun I'll make sure to pass the word around to the rest of the group.

D.Brothers
11-16-2013, 06:01 PM
You guys should be excited! You'll do fine! just be prepared for snow soon and wearing the ridiculous ski masks. They are awful! and thanks Jzhaun I'll make sure to pass the word around to the rest of the group.

Yeah I'm really excited. I'm from Florida tho so the snow is gonna be a big change for me. I head down to meps tomorrow

bronxCTM
11-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Yeah I'm really excited. I'm from Florida tho so the snow is gonna be a big change for me. I head down to meps tomorrowIf you see this, good luck shipmate!

I'm really excited to go in one week myself!

D.Brothers
11-17-2013, 03:55 PM
If you see this, good luck shipmate!

I'm really excited to go in one week myself!

Good luck to you as well! Maybe ill see you around