PDA

View Full Version : Car at A-School

aecfdep
11-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Hi,

I tried searching but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if we can have a car at A School? I'm trying to decide if I should sell mine or not. My car will only be 1 year old by the time I ship out so I'd prefer to not sell it. I've seen from different sources that ETs and FCs can have a car at Great Lakes and I've also seen sources that say that no one in A school can have a car at Great Lakes.

Thank you!

kforbs126
11-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Hi,

I tried searching but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if we can have a car at A School? I'm trying to decide if I should sell mine or not. My car will only be 1 year old by the time I ship out so I'd prefer to not sell it. I've seen from different sources that ETs and FCs can have a car at Great Lakes and I've also seen sources that say that no one in A school can have a car at Great Lakes.

Thank you!

When I was there they allowed it but this was almost 5 years ago. I know when I left they stopped allowing it. I'm pretty sure you still can't have a vehicle but I'm sure there are some new grads that can help you out.

aecfdep
11-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Thank you!

delucabv23
11-06-2013, 08:16 AM
damn...wish i could bring my car

calie89
11-06-2013, 08:39 AM
You will not be able to get an on base driving chit while you are in school unless you are married. But after you complete A school, you will be able to get one.

I know some people parked their car off base, and just didn't drive it on base until we graduated.

aecfdep
11-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the info!

D.Brothers
11-08-2013, 11:02 AM
You will not be able to get an on base driving chit while you are in school unless you are married. But after you complete A school, you will be able to get one.

I know some people parked their car off base, and just didn't drive it on base until we graduated.

So sense I'm married i should be able to get a chit drive my car?

kforbs126
11-08-2013, 12:15 PM
So sense I'm married i should be able to get a chit drive my car?

As long as your family lives up there yes you can.

D.Brothers
11-08-2013, 12:26 PM
As long as your family lives up there yes you can.

That's great. Do you know how soon they get to move and how it works?

kforbs126
11-08-2013, 01:18 PM
That's great. Do you know how soon they get to move and how it works?

You'll have to do a live ashore chit, not sure how long that takes maybe a few weeks to a month.

D.Brothers
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
You'll have to do a live ashore chit, not sure how long that takes maybe a few weeks to a month.

okay, good to know. I don't mean to get off the original topic but do you know if my family would be able to live on base with me or would they live off base?

calie89
11-08-2013, 02:23 PM
There is no "on base housing" for us in Great Lakes. There is privatized housing just off base where most married students reside.

Look back at some older posts about live ashore info it's all there. If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me. I just left Great Lakes in Oct, and my husband and I lived there since late December 2012.

D.Brothers
11-08-2013, 08:25 PM
There is no "on base housing" for us in Great Lakes. There is privatized housing just off base where most married students reside.

Look back at some older posts about live ashore info it's all there. If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me. I just left Great Lakes in Oct, and my husband and I lived there since late December 2012.

Thank you. I will look back. If I still have questions after I will definitely pm you.