PDA

View Full Version : What to bring

Soccer_cat
06-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Thank you all for this wonderful forum! I've learned so much!

I leave next Tuesday--crazy 9 month wait is over!

I'll be staying at the hotel the night before and am trying to get organized.

As far as what I can bring, I know it will all be mailed back. Toothbrush & paste, deodorant? Should I just throw them away at the hotel?

The battery in my phone doesn't last very long. There is no way it would last basically two days from when I check in with my recruiter to the "I'm here" call to my parents the next night. Is it a problem if I bring the charger?

May I bring a drawstring bag to put all of this in? (Those nike one's that are small)

And phone cards--anyone recommend a company?

Thanks!

sweetmtn
06-18-2013, 08:47 PM
You can bring those small things..they will just be sent home with your other stuff..good luck!

j1nx440
06-18-2013, 08:54 PM
As for the calling cards check out this website they give you free ones http://callsforrecruits.org/

warehimer33
06-18-2013, 09:19 PM
What are calling cards? Like how are they used? I've never used a payphone lol

Saithe
06-19-2013, 04:21 AM
They're pretty simple, you just dial the 800 number on the card, put in a PIN, then they'll prompt you to dial the number you're trying to call. They're used for when the phone you're using doesn't have a long distance plan, you just pay for the call with the prepaid card.

warehimer33
06-19-2013, 08:32 AM
They're pretty simple, you just dial the 800 number on the card, put in a PIN, then they'll prompt you to dial the number you're trying to call. They're used for when the phone you're using doesn't have a long distance plan, you just pay for the call with the prepaid card.

Ohhh... lol I get it now

sweetmtn
06-19-2013, 02:46 PM
If you get a calling card..make sure you activate it BEFORE you go to boot!

camfurr
06-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Don't wear your favorite underwear. I wore my lucky underwear the day I shipped, and they made me throw it away. I was sad

Soccer_cat
06-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks all! Off to the hotel tomorrow!

lostsheppard94
06-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Instead of starting a new thread, I have one question. Would it be okay to bring my iPod with me? I would like to relax using the music during the plane ride and at the hotel. I know it will be sent home upon arriving at boot--just want to make sure I am allowed to take it with me though.

Haasino
06-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Instead of starting a new thread, I have one question. Would it be okay to bring my iPod with me? I would like to relax using the music during the plane ride and at the hotel. I know it will be sent home upon arriving at boot--just want to make sure I am allowed to take it with me though.

iPod is fine... it'll just go in the box to be sent home. I brought my DEP backpack with a change of clothes, disposable toiletries, my iPhone and charger, a book, and my START guide... all of it went in the box.

gameingkine
06-24-2013, 02:52 PM
theres a section of the start guide of everything you can have... page 21

sweetmtn
06-25-2013, 12:41 AM
theres a section of the start guide of everything you can have... page 21

And basically it is mostly wrong...you cant keep hardly anything..you can keep a couple of stamps, your ID, a small bible, very small address book, a few dollars and a debit card.

gameingkine
06-25-2013, 02:53 AM
thats all in there