PDA

View Full Version : What did you do during liberty?

tkillion
06-12-2013, 09:20 AM
My husband should graduate in August, and from what I have read, he will only really get Friday for liberty since he will go to A school in Pensacola. I believe I can also meet him at the airport Saturday. For those that had the shorter liberty, what did you do during your time with your family (aside from the obvious :pash:)? I'm not familiar with the area so I want to do my research ahead of time. Thanks!!

navywife83
06-12-2013, 03:04 PM
there are 2 malls in the nearby area, the jelly belly factory, a cheese factory, or you can take the train to downtown chicago and sight see. there is the navy pier down there too.

and if you want a good place to eat, go to wildberries in libertyville!! yum!!

LT Guppy
06-12-2013, 07:58 PM
there are 2 malls in the nearby area, the jelly belly factory, a cheese factory, or you can take the train to downtown chicago and sight see. there is the navy pier down there too.

and if you want a good place to eat, go to wildberries in libertyville!! yum!!

haha, I was going to recommend Wildberries too

Haasino
06-12-2013, 08:31 PM
I spent a lot of weeknights on liberty in Lake Forest... it's a very quaint, upscale town nearby. You can get there in 5min on the Metra, which stops right outside the RTC gate, and there are several restaurant options for dinner. Market House was my favorite.

navywife83
06-12-2013, 11:28 PM
haha, I was going to recommend Wildberries too

I LOVED THAT PLACE!!

sporkhey
06-13-2013, 12:28 AM
Going to Chicago sounds awesome. I would be sad to be that close and never get to see the city. If i get the chance im going for a visit

Mariah_Aj11
07-21-2013, 09:37 PM
When does your husband graduate ? Because my boyfriend graduates Aug 30th :)