PDA

View Full Version : Specialization and Clearances

Kelvinli
05-29-2013, 07:40 PM
So after A school and moving into C school, which fields would require a top secret clearance? Would they pick you for it and if they do and cant get cleared, what happens?

kforbs126
05-29-2013, 07:51 PM
So after A school and moving into C school, which fields would require a top secret clearance? Would they pick you for it and if they do and cant get cleared, what happens?

There are a bunch of specific NEC's requiring Top Secret. If you can't get it then they'll send you to a different school. For ET's there are a few comms and radar NEC's that require it and for FC's tomahawk is the top one.

Kelvinli
05-29-2013, 07:54 PM
There are a bunch of specific NEC's requiring Top Secret. If you can't get it then they'll send you to a different school. For ET's there are a few comms and radar NEC's that require it and for FC's tomahawk is the top one.
So are the other just secret clearance rates just as good?

kforbs126
05-29-2013, 08:04 PM
So are the other just secret clearance rates just as good?

They'll send you to other C schools not A schools.

Kelvinli
05-29-2013, 08:28 PM
would advancement opportunities and college credits be as good?

Kelvinli
05-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Ah I forget to mention that my waiver for Nuke got denied because of my father who is a Chinese citizen. They saw me as having contact with him even though I've only seen him like once for about 15 minutes in the last couple years and before that hardly. My recruiter said that I should have no problems with the clearance for AECF though and it is almost a guarantee. I hope that is true because it would really suck if I can;t even get AECF!

kforbs126
05-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Ah I forget to mention that my waiver for Nuke got denied because of my father who is a Chinese citizen. They saw me as having contact with him even though I've only seen him like once for about 15 minutes in the last couple years and before that hardly. My recruiter said that I should have no problems with the clearance for AECF though and it is almost a guarantee. I hope that is true because it would really suck if I can;t even get AECF!

You shouldn't have a problem getting a secret clearance.

Kelvinli
05-30-2013, 08:52 PM
okie dokie.

Kelvinli
06-02-2013, 08:23 PM
kforbs, for C school, do you get to choose what NEC you want or they just do it randomly? Which specializations would be the most technical and involved with electrical and electronic ssytems?

kforbs126
06-02-2013, 09:06 PM
kforbs, for C school, do you get to choose what NEC you want or they just do it randomly? Which specializations would be the most technical and involved with electrical and electronic ssytems?

They are all technical and you don't typically get a choice. I know there is a thread on here to a link to NECs, I'm just on my phone so I Cant look.

Kelvinli
06-03-2013, 09:24 AM
They are all technical and you don't typically get a choice. I know there is a thread on here to a link to NECs, I'm just on my phone so I Cant look.
Needs of the navy huh? What are the chances of getting selected for a NEC that is top secret?

kforbs126
06-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Needs of the navy huh? What are the chances of getting selected for a NEC that is top secret?

no idea. needs of the navy for sure.

prop827
06-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Also of note, for you prospective bubbleheads out there (submariners), if you get orders to the USS Jimmy Carter (SSN 23), you are also required to obtain a top secret clearance regardless of your rate. This ship is a top secret platform for testing and classified missions.