PDA

View Full Version : Please HELP!!!

daisy03
04-11-2013, 11:54 AM
My ship date is June 3rd and I have a few questions and was looking for some help, I do realize that going in Undesignated (PACT) is not a future sailors dream but for different reasons this is what I will be going in as, So I was wondering if anyone could help me out on a few things that I haven't been able to find the answers to!
Will I get orders after A school like everyone else?, and how will those orders differ from other Sailors that are not undesignated? Are my chances of getting orders outside the US more likely or does it matter? How long will I be in A school for? And how long will I be Undesignated? Does being in the PACT program mean I will be out on deployment more or less than someone who is designated? OR does any of that matter?
These are just some of the ?'s that myself and my family has, so if anyone knows the answers that would be great, I have however heard horror stories about (PACT) and I know you all have too! Therefore I don't need any opinions Im not looking to change my rating or leave date, just information! Any information would be great! Thanks for the help!

Haasino
04-11-2013, 02:43 PM
You will get your orders toward the end of bootcamp... to a ship if you're S-PACT, or to a squadron if you're A-PACT... you may get OCONUS orders, or you may get CONUS orders; it just depends on where they need you... A School is about 2 weeks for PACT, not including possible time in barracks support waiting to class-up. You shouldn't deploy any more or less than a rated sailor assigned to the same ship/squadron... but you'll be there sooner than the shipmates in your division.

cire
04-11-2013, 02:57 PM
https://www.cool.navy.mil/enlisted/pact.htm

prop827
04-11-2013, 03:38 PM
A School (its actually apprentice training: fireman, seaman, or airman) will only be a couple weeks. You will go to any kind of ship there is (PACT Seaman) or any kind of Air Squadron (PACT Airman). This means literally anywhere in the world. The ship could be currently deployed or in port in the US. If you have any type of non-medical waiver your ship will be home ported INCONUS (or Hawaii) as you are not eligible for OCONUS (overseas) assignment on your first enlistment with most waivers (medical is generally excluded). How often you deploy and when is entirely dependent on the ship you are assigned to, you go where it goes. It really comes down to where in the life cycle your ship is when you get there; you could be coming in before a deployment, after one, or even during a refit period.

daisy03
04-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks guys for all the info but when you mention any non medical waivers disqualifying you from oconus orders does that mean a dependency waiver as well which I have for my child? Or does that not count? Actually if anyone knows any more info about having a dependancy waiver for a child and how that affects anything that would be helpful also. Thanks again I've actually gotten more info from this site than my own recruiter!

daisy03
04-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks that website was helpful, the six places it listed as places that pact gets sent to do you know if those are the only ones and should I just keep those in mind when choosing places on the so called " drem sheet". ??

cire
04-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks that website was helpful, the six places it listed as places that pact gets sent to do you know if those are the only ones and should I just keep those in mind when choosing places on the so called " drem sheet". ??

The Navy will send you wherever they need you. Instead of worrying so much about an actual dream sheet, put down locations.. for example, once you are on the west coast, it's kind of hard to get moved to the east coast, etc.. so if you want somewhere in San Diego, don't put FL or VA.. but in the end, the Navy will send you where they want.

There are also certain locations that aren't available for those with dependents.. but don't worry about that so much