PDA

View Full Version : JUST GRADUATED

Dre505
04-01-2013, 05:57 PM
So i graduated this past Friday. I was in a push division so i was only at boot camp for about 7 weeks. Now im in Groton, CT awaiting BESS. And i love it here lol. If anyone has any questions aout RTC just ask. MY division was horrible. We got all the flags BUT we had at least 20 demerit chits. So we didnt even get Battle E. The only advice i have is shut up, do what your told and pay attention to detail. Your going to hear that a million times while your at RTC so just do it.

cire
04-01-2013, 06:04 PM
The only advice i have is shut up, do what your told and pay attention to detail.

Same suggestion I always give

johnplisac32
04-01-2013, 06:07 PM
what can u keep at rtc ? wallet small bible postage stamps ?

Dre505
04-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Yeah, for some reason a lot of guys in my division had problems doing those 3 things. Which are the easiest things you will do while your at RTC.

Dre505
04-01-2013, 06:10 PM
what can u keep at rtc ? wallet small bible postage stamps ?

Yes you can keep a bible and postage stamps. You can take your own postage stamps or buy some at the NEX. The smaller your bible the better beacause thats less room you have.

johnplisac32
04-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Yes you can keep a bible and postage stamps. You can take your own postage stamps or buy some at the NEX. The smaller your bible the better beacause thats less room you have.

so thats it postage stamps and bible ? i read somewhere to bring no more 50$ should i take money with me?

Dre505
04-01-2013, 06:17 PM
so thats it postage stamps and bible ? i read somewhere to bring no more 50$ should i take money with me?

You can have alot of different things. Just dont sneak food or any contraband. You can take an address book also. You have a small drawer that you lock up and your RDC's cant go look in it. You can also take as much money as you want with you but i suggest only about $30. They issue you a NEX gift card that has $150 i believe. So you basically buy everything you need with that. I still have $24 dollars left on mine lol.

johnplisac32
04-01-2013, 06:20 PM
so take 30$ small bible wallet postage stamps ? thats it ? just curious i have 5 months before rtc trying to get what i need

Dre505
04-01-2013, 06:25 PM
so take 30$ small bible wallet postage stamps ? thats it ? just curious i have 5 months before rtc trying to get what i need

When i went i took $20, a small bible, and an address book with photos of my family taped in it. Sent everything else back in the box. You dont need much. You will be issued just about everything you need. And if you need anything else you can always get it when your division goes on a NEX run.

johnplisac32
04-01-2013, 06:29 PM
ok cool thanks i appreciate all the info i can get how was the classes and pt ? was any part of rtc hard for you ?

Dre505
04-01-2013, 06:36 PM
ok cool thanks i appreciate all the info i can get how was the classes and pt ? was any part of rtc hard for you ?

PT isn't hard at all if your in decent shape. You start off slow and they build you up to a 20 min sustained run. The best pt is ITE lol. You learn to love the 10 counts, flutter kicks, and push ups. Just pay attention in classes and DONT fall asleep!!! That was the hardest part for me. Not falling asleep in class. Your gonna find out, as soon as you sit down in a class your gonna wanna sleep lol. Just stand up in the back of the class if you catch yourself. Other than that everything else is pretty easy.

johnplisac32
04-01-2013, 06:39 PM
sounds good i should be fine i'm in good shape but will start doing flutter kicks and 10 counts i can run push ups and sit ups not sure bout the flutter kick and 10 count great info

Shenanigans
04-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Welcome to Connecticut, quite a chilly April we're having! Congrats on graduating.

Well, my boyfriend is on week 3 of BC and I have a lot of questions. I haven't received any letters yet..How long was your liberty after PIR? How did you find your family in the open drillhall at PIR? When did you fly out after PIR? How many phone calls did you get?

Mmmm, lets start there.

proudmama
04-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Congrats on your PIR- your information is great- my daughter is at BC now- so they start out slow with the running and build you up- The running is what I'm worried about... lol

Ithurralde
04-02-2013, 08:33 PM
How is Connecticut? I saw you're in school to be a mm on a sub. That's what I'm doing. Well, will be doing next month. What's your schedule like there? Can you have a car at this particular base? Sorry to bomb you with so many questions. Thanks.

Dre505
04-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Welcome to Connecticut, quite a chilly April we're having! Congrats on graduating.

Well, my boyfriend is on week 3 of BC and I have a lot of questions. I haven't received any letters yet..How long was your liberty after PIR? How did you find your family in the open drillhall at PIR? When did you fly out after PIR? How many phone calls did you get?

Mmmm, lets start there.

I graduated on Friday had liberty till about 2100. You'll be in the drill hall and every division is going to pass in front of you. The announcer will announce which division is passing by. Believe you will find him before they make the liberty call. I flew out on saturday at 7am. So i didnt really get to enjoy my family. I got 3 phone calls in total. But we were a horrible division so you bf might get more.

Dre505
04-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Congrats on your PIR- your information is great- my daughter is at BC now- so they start out slow with the running and build you up- The running is what I'm worried about... lol

Thank you. Yes they build you up. My first run was about 15 min! I failed miserably lol. But on my final PFA i did it in about 11:57. So dont worry, as long as your daughter pushes herself she will do fine. Also, send her letters everyday!! Lol, letter is like gold at bootcamp. After a long day it was always nice getting a letter.

Dre505
04-03-2013, 08:35 PM
How is Connecticut? I saw you're in school to be a mm on a sub. That's what I'm doing. Well, will be doing next month. What's your schedule like there? Can you have a car at this particular base? Sorry to bomb you with so many questions. Thanks.

Connecticut is nice and cold. There is not much to do but its not bad. Right now im in BUILD so i'm waiting to class up for BESS. My schedule so far is we have to muster at 0800. Have class till about 1600, then we go out and get our quals done. You can have your car on base but you cant use it until you have your yellow card. Basically you have 3 different phases of liberty. White, yellow, and blue. You start off at white and once your start knocking out your quals you will get your blue. I don't mind questions. I was the same way before i shipped so i understand lol.

griz3232
04-03-2013, 08:53 PM
How do you get in a push division? or is it all luck or the draw?

Dre505
04-03-2013, 08:57 PM
How do you get in a push division? or is it all luck or the draw?

I'm guessing it's just luck of the draw. I didn't do anything special.

Dame357
04-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Hey, im also going to RTC in 5 months. I ship out from NYC on September 5th. When are you shipping out?

Temen
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Congratulations on passing RTC Great Lakes!

Don't think death by power point is over though. While it was a lot easier to stay awake during my A-School and C-School it was still difficult at times, and even now at my ultimate command it's hard to pay attention through those really long power point presentations.

I wish you all the luck in your schooling and hope you get a good command to go to.

I'd like to add some additional comments on previous posts:
1. I also believe being in a push division is luck of the draw. I was in one, but I didn't do anything special to be put in it. It might have something to do with the day you arrive on?

2. If you plan on being on the division staff, I would as your recruiter if it is ok to bring a small, black, plain wrist watch. I know I was the division's Yeoman and I ended up buying a watch for convenience. My RPOC, AROC, Watch Coordinators, and other Yeoman all had watches too.

3. What's the 10 Count involve? I was always made to do 8 Counts, through the way my Chief Counted it might as well been 16 counts.

sporkhey
04-05-2013, 11:47 PM
I had no idea there was such thing called a push rtc. Nice - i ship out october 29th maybe we will be in a push since its close to the holidays and they want us out!! lol wishful thinking. I can miss a christmas and save money anyways

Shenanigans
04-06-2013, 07:40 AM
My boyfriend shipped out for bootcamp on 20130313, but his flight to Chicago ended up cancelled last minute and they couldn't get him (and those with him) out until the following morning. His flight landed in Chicago at 8:10am on 20130314 but the recruiters weren't able to transport them to RTC until 5pm that day. Long story short, he's in a push division too now, because he's graduating after only 7 weeks also. I'm assuming it has to do with arrival.

O'hare historically has a lot of delays and cancellations, ESP in near winter months.

chrisxxii
04-08-2013, 06:05 PM
My division was considered a push division. I was there 8 weeks total including processing. We finished battle stations a week and a half before we graduated so we pretty much did nothing the last week there. Lots of cleaning and our RDC were pretty much no where to be found.

Temen
04-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Must have been nice to have had a week doing nothing. I was a push division, but we were really short on time at the end. I think we did 3 major things in one night. I believe it was Exam 3, Final PRT, and Battle Stations all within 48 hours. Then the next day was our PIR.
I can't remember exactly, but I know for sure we finished one major thing right before Battle Stations, then the day after we had PIR.

daisy03
04-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Hey congrats on graduating I do have a question for you though, I was wondering if you saw anyone that didn't make it or got kicked out while u were in bootcamp, if so how common is it and what were the reasons? I was just curious I ship 1st week in June and I'm nervous as hell!

cire
04-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Hey congrats on graduating I do have a question for you though, I was wondering if you saw anyone that didn't make it or got kicked out while u were in bootcamp, if so how common is it and what were the reasons? I was just curious I ship 1st week in June and I'm nervous as hell!

People can get kicked out for a lot of reasons.. I've seen it from injuries, medical reasons, mental reasons, failure to adapt, failure to train, failing physical and written tests, being asmo'd too many times, busted on drugs, found out they were pregnant, had a warrant for their arrest, going UA, destroying government property, lying or not disclosing information, etc

It's fairly common.. I think for my 900 division we lost about 1/3 by the end.. not sure how it is for everyone else. Most people got weeded out the first 2 weeks, after that it was mainly just due to physical/written tests

warehimer33
04-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Okay, I've looked everywhere for an updated version of my answer I'm seeking. Can you, hour per hour, go over the schedule of a typical day of RTC, please? I know I'm not the only person looking for this type of info.

Auridan
04-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Okay, I've looked everywhere for an updated version of my answer I'm seeking. Can you, hour per hour, go over the schedule of a typical day of RTC, please? I know I'm not the only person looking for this type of info.
This should cover that about as well as you can possibly hope for:

http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433

camfurr
04-14-2013, 06:11 PM

Everyday is different in ways. You wake up at 0600 everyday, and you usually go to bed at 2200. You eat 3 meals a day, and do different kinds of training. Usually you'll have a class in the morning or the afternoon. All your spare time is "training time", which usually consists of mock inspections and 8-counts...

bink91
04-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Congratulations on your Graduation! I leave on 20130618. I have a question for you, how many times did they take check your heart rate/blood pressure during P days? At MEPS I had a very hard time keeping both down because I have a case of "White Coat Syndrome" and I am scared that if it's too high I will get in trouble.

rleerogers94
04-14-2013, 11:08 PM
I ship out May 23 and then I'l be headed up to groton also. How is it up there? is there much to do? I'l be going for the SECF.

NavyGuyRob
04-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Congratulations on your Graduation! I leave on 20130618. I have a question for you, how many times did they take check your heart rate/blood pressure during P days? At MEPS I had a very hard time keeping both down because I have a case of "White Coat Syndrome" and I am scared that if it's too high I will get in trouble.

SAME HERE

bink91
04-17-2013, 10:14 PM
SAME HERE

Haha, dude it sucks! I'm so nervous about that, they did a EKG on me and I got through at MEPS. I'm sure we'll be fine, but still!