PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp Paycheck

kia taylor
03-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone,
My Husband just shipped out to boot camp (April 19) and I'm just wondering when does he receive his first paycheck? Also what will that paycheck look like as far as Navy expenses taken out? Any help on this would be great!!!!

cire
03-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Hi everyone,
My Husband just shipped out to boot camp (April 19) and I'm just wondering when does he receive his first paycheck? Also what will that paycheck look like as far as Navy expenses taken out? Any help on this would be great!!!!

pay day is on the 1st and 15th. you don't have access to a bank account while in boot camp so most people don't know what (or how little) they are actually getting paid.. just assume it will be pretty much nothing. If he is an E1, it will be even less

kia taylor
03-21-2013, 06:34 PM
He's actually an E-3.....does that make a difference?

griz3232
03-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Here you go http://militarypay.defense.gov/mpcalcs/Calculators/RMC.aspx this should help if you know the proper info to put in.

Lancaster
03-21-2013, 09:19 PM
really depends the most i've seen without kids was 3.1k a month but his first paycheck will not be that big. If the account it a joint account then just look it up online...I don't remember when they set up the mypay account but i know its in week 5...I should remember this since I just left RTC but once you get his mypay info from him you will figure it out easily cuz it will list everything

cthompson94
03-21-2013, 09:50 PM
really depends the most i've seen without kids was 3.1k a month but his first paycheck will not be that big. If the account it a joint account then just look it up online...I don't remember when they set up the mypay account but i know its in week 5...I should remember this since I just left RTC but once you get his mypay info from him you will figure it out easily cuz it will list everything

That would be very nice! I have been trying to get a good estimate on how much I may end up with after I finish Basic

Mako17
03-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Expect the first pay on May 15th. My hubby went to BCT on Feb 20 and got his first pay on March 15. :)

kia taylor
03-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Expect the first pay on May 15th. My hubby went to BCT on Feb 20 and got his first pay on March 15. :)
Thanks that gives me a good idea of what to expect. Did your husband receive BHA on the first paycheck?

prop827
03-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Normally payday is the 1st and 15th, but in bootcamp, they are still processing paperwork so you generally won't see ANY paycheck until he hits about week 6 of training (sometimes faster sometimes slower), but it will have ALL his pay to catch him up on it. It will also have the first portion of initial issue taken out of it though (total that's around $700) so it might not be so fantastic. He'll get it eventually, the first ones just a little slow.

sweetmtn
03-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Thanks that gives me a good idea of what to expect. Did your husband receive BHA on the first paycheck?

Just for information...even your BAH will be divided in half, so 1/2 on the 1st and the next on the 15th.

bluecoatmn
12-29-2014, 02:34 AM
Does anyone even if everyone gets E-1 pay in boot camp or would I get E-3 pay if I am an E-3?

llamayamaa
12-29-2014, 06:42 AM
I went in as an E3 and got paid as an E3, but everyone is referred to at the E1 title- "recruit."

LT Guppy
12-28-2015, 05:41 AM
Please don't bump old threads. It promotes outdated information. Feel free to start a new thread.