PDA

View Full Version : I need info ASAP

DesertPetrichor
03-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Okay, so I just got a call from my boyfriend yesterday, and he told me that he had a breakdown the other day and that they sent him to a counselor who said that he might have clinical depression. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he did, (he had a very traumatic event happen in his past) but I don't really know what happens now. He said that he will find out more on April 4th, but how likely is it that he will be sent home, and what happens if he does?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Haasino
03-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Is he at RTC? If so, he'll probably be ASMO'd into the Separations Unit while they process him to go home. April 4th is a long way off... if he's SEPS now, that's probably the day when they'll either send him home, or back into a new division. SEPS is where you basically sit around in a compartment all day reading and playing board games... you get access to make phone calls, can use the lounge and fitness room, and make runs to the NEX once or twice a week.

DesertPetrichor
03-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks so much for the reply. I'm not sure if he has been separated yet, so when he mentioned April 4th, I don't know if he meant that he would be sent home on that day, or if he finds out if they are going to send him home at all on that day. Is it likely that he will be sent home though?

Haasino
03-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Thanks so much for the reply. I'm not sure if he has been separated yet, so when he mentioned April 4th, I don't know if he meant that he would be sent home on that day, or if he finds out if they are going to send him home at all on that day. Is it likely that he will be sent home though?

If he had a breakdown, he's most likely in SEPS... especially if he's calling you. April 4th is probably the day they're expecting an answer on whether or not he's being sent home. Sad to say, but depression is a one-way ticket home 9/10 times.

DesertPetrichor
03-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks so much for this information. It's really helpful to have a clear answer. Now I guess I just have to wait until he calls again to get the exact information. Thank you once again.

sweetmtn
03-18-2013, 11:00 AM
One thing you might be aware of IF he is sent home..since he did have something in his past, and he let anyone know there since this incident..he very well may get a "Fraudulent Enlistment" on his DD214, as they will say that this was an on going thing. I know this may not be true, but this is how the military works...they look for ANYTHING to make the current problem not theirs! And if this is the case, he will never be allowed to enlist in any branch of the military again. So you will need to be there for him and help him get through this...and I would recommend counseling once he gets home.

DesertPetrichor
03-19-2013, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the reply, I had read that on other sites as well, but considering that he never went to any sort of counseling for anything that happened, it shouldn't be documented anywhere.

cire
03-19-2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the reply, I had read that on other sites as well, but considering that he never went to any sort of counseling for anything that happened, it shouldn't be documented anywhere.

If he couldn't handle the stress of daily life in boot camp, do you think he could really handle the stress of being grilled by a Navy shrink/counselor who deals with this on a daily basis? No.. I would put money on it that he told them more than enough to make them know that he knew something else was going on besides "boot camp was too hard mentally"

Remember, the government (especially the military) does not like losing money. If he gets kicked out of boot camp because of depression he got during boot camp or his short time in the Navy, he can possibly get disability for the rest of his life. However if he gets kicked out of the military because of depression that already existed before the military, it would save the government hundreds of dollars every month for the rest of his life.