PDA

View Full Version : General Store Visit. Best advice for acne?

DavidMann1987
03-04-2013, 11:14 PM
I leave for bootcamp tomorrow, and just had a single question about the visit to the NEX general store. I understand we can get soap, and razors and such but my main question is what is the best type of facial soap available at the NEX for acne? I have mild to moderate acne and have always used benzoil peroxide and anti-bacterial soap to handle it. What is the best method for handling acne using OTC stuff from the NEX?

I understand this is a stupid question.. just want to be able to look the best I can for my girlfriend upon graduation. =/

Anyone have any advice or personal experience of what items they sell for acne or soaps that they sell that work well for acne that I will be able to buy?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

hellokitty
03-05-2013, 12:48 AM
This is a sweet thread and I'm glad someone made it! This is something I'm also worried about. I asked my recruiter about it when I joined and his answer was pretty much like "everyone looks like ass in bootcamp." I know there are some things at the NEX that the RDC's don't allow you to buy, not sure if acne wash is one of them. But if no sailors give you an answer before you get there and they won't let you have it, I would say try classic Head & Shoulders shampoo (not the 2 in 1 with conditioner kind.) It has zinc in it which kills bacteria and I used it for a while.. it's my backup plan if we can't have bp wash :)

cire
03-05-2013, 02:21 AM
You will look like every other booter during graduation. Take that how you want.

As far as acne, you probably won't get anything special at the store. However, it might not be that bad.. just don't drink the soda and try to pick out "good" food to eat in boot camp. With the time you are in the sun and the exercise, your acne will probably clear up on it's own.

asailorswife
03-05-2013, 04:47 AM
You will look like every other booter during graduation. Take that how you want.

As far as acne, you probably won't get anything special at the store. However, it might not be that bad.. just don't drink the soda and try to pick out "good" food to eat in boot camp. With the time you are in the sun and the exercise, your acne will probably clear up on it's own.

^^ What he said. Tim's acne cleared up in bootcamp, and has never really reared it's ugly head again.

DavidMann1987
03-05-2013, 12:02 PM
And I can't bring my own soap right? Lol.

Thanks for the advice guys I appreciate it!!

cire
03-05-2013, 01:37 PM
And I can't bring my own soap right? Lol.

No. Your acne will most likely clear up on it's own once you stop eating crap food and start exercising and being out in the sun.

PacificSunrise
03-05-2013, 02:16 PM
No. Your acne will most likely clear up on it's own once you stop eating crap food and start exercising and being out in the sun.

I eat quite a bit of crap food and am indoors a lot, only started excercising late last year and never had a problem with acne.

cire
03-05-2013, 02:27 PM
I eat quite a bit of crap food and am indoors a lot, only started excercising late last year and never had a problem with acne.

Everyone is different

PacificSunrise
03-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Everyone is different

Yeah, obviously, but I thought I'd provide my own input because you made it sound like everyone with that kind of life style is prone to acne problems

Malarkey
03-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Yeah, obviously, but I thought I'd provide my own input because you made it sound like everyone with that kind of life style is prone to acne problems

Medically, they are. /shrug