PDA

View Full Version : got out of bootcamp

rdrobles
03-03-2013, 05:39 PM
if anybody got any question about bootcamp. you can me anythig you want im currently in thu waiting for order that i will get tomorrow and will be shipping to a school on tuesday

Fox
03-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Yea, do they teach you to type with your feet, or is that just sorta your thing?

cire
03-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Yea, do they teach you to type with your feet, or is that just sorta your thing?

It's a specialty of his rating

NavyGuyRob
03-04-2013, 02:51 PM

:rofl: this is some funny shit

USNRecruit
03-05-2013, 06:42 PM
LOL :rofl:

hellokitty
03-06-2013, 10:06 PM
How are the prices at the NEX for soap and stuff you need to be hygienic and cleaning stuff? Are they really cheap like Walmart or way overpriced like at CVS or Walgreens? Wondering if I'll have to make a run to Walmart or Target during PIR liberty to pick up stuff.

OnyxCav25
03-07-2013, 12:28 AM
The Nex is moderately priced. Depends on the items. You do have to realize though that shopping at the NEX is TAX FREE though.. so even though something you may think is cheaper at wal-mart, it may not be by the time you add tax. It is item specific though... DVD's.. yea buy them off base..

PacificSunrise
03-07-2013, 12:43 AM

I died :rofl:

cire
03-07-2013, 01:42 AM
How are the prices at the NEX for soap and stuff you need to be hygienic and cleaning stuff? Are they really cheap like Walmart or way overpriced like at CVS or Walgreens? Wondering if I'll have to make a run to Walmart or Target during PIR liberty to pick up stuff.

Don't go to Walmart or Target during PIR liberty and bring crap back. Wait the 3 days until you get to your school or ship and then go out and buy stuff.

hellokitty
03-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Don't go to Walmart or Target during PIR liberty and bring crap back. Wait the 3 days until you get to your school or ship and then go out and buy stuff.

I'll go to A-school in Great Lakes, so I thought I'd have to go right there and check in before liberty.

cire
03-07-2013, 06:15 PM
I'll go to A-school in Great Lakes, so I thought I'd have to go right there and check in before liberty.

For 900 division after PIR we were allowed to go out for the weekend.. had to come back at night obviously.. but I don't think we were allowed to bring anything back really. We also had another week of school to catch up on after graduation. For non-900s, I'm not 100% sure but I would be surprised if they just let you leave after graduating and be done with RTC for good. I'm assuming (might be wrong) after graduating, you get your weekend off, then on monday or whenever, they hand out orders, plane tickets, etc.. then everyone heads their separate ways. If your A school is across the street then you will probably get on a bus or van and then they will shuttle you over. After you get all checked in, you may or may not be able to leave the barracks right away that first day. There is a Navy store on base so you could get pretty much all you need there.. if you wanted to leave the base, you could catch a taxi van or whatever and get a ride out in town. When I was there most people just stayed on the base. You will most likely not be able to have a car there with you while at A school.

Shenanigans
03-14-2013, 08:17 AM
My boyfriend deployed this morning, and Im wondering how long hell have with me after PIR? Is there a generic estimate?

cire
03-14-2013, 11:32 AM
My boyfriend deployed this morning, and Im wondering how long hell have with me after PIR? Is there a generic estimate?

Most likely the weekend after, from like 10am-6pm or so

TrooperTaff
03-14-2013, 08:53 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28616388.jpg

Shenanigans
03-17-2013, 09:08 AM
I was going to bring his cell phone with me to give to him after graduation...is that allowed?

sweetmtn
03-17-2013, 03:01 PM
You can bring it so he can use it for sure..he will know if he can keep it or not. However he cant keep it while he is still on the bootcamp side of things..if he is grad-n-go, he will be able to get it and keep it once he is off the boot side.

Shenanigans
03-18-2013, 11:27 AM
You are so helpful, I've read a lot of your responses on here! Thank you..So let's say he fly's to A school Saturday after graduation, if I see him Saturday morning, can he have his phone then?

prop827
03-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Once he has left RTC permanently (at the airport) he can have his phone, laptop, whatever he wants for electronics. They just aren't allowed AT RTC. Generally, peoples family bring them these things while they're waiting at the USO for their flights to A-School.

Shenanigans
03-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Ahhhhh Ok, very helpful! Thank yall so much!

FutureAW
03-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Did they tape you to figure out your uniform size? I ordered a pair of military rated pants and they dont quite fit due to my lack of knowledge.

prop827
03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Yes you are measured and taped at each uniform fitting. They then will give you a rough uniform size and you will have it pinned and adjusted by a tailor. They will then take the uniforms and hem/adjust them to be a perfect fit for you. You generally get your uniforms 3 days to a week after the day you are measured/tailored

FutureAW
03-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Is there more than one fitting and measuring session then? I was assuming they would just ask us our size and we would be handed a pair. Does the tailoring apply to the nwus and nsus as well? Im pretty damn short, and pretty damn stocky haha. I have trouble finding clothes that fit as it already, so i was just curious how the navy handles that.

FutureND
03-20-2013, 09:10 PM
They do tailoring and fitting because they want you to look good. When you wear your uniform you at the face of the United States Navy. They will make sure that your uniform fits correctly.

prop827
03-22-2013, 05:37 PM
There are 2 uniform fittings. The first one is for NWU's, Coveralls, Raincoat, Parka, and boots. A few weeks later is fitting #2 where you get your NSU's, Dress Blues, Dress Whites, Peacoat, and Dress Shoes.

Part of the tailoring for first issue is also to apply your name tapes to your NWU's and Coveralls.

If your size changes drastically in boot camp, your RDC's may send you down to get an adjustment made shortly before graduation (well, if you have any loaner items because they were out of your size or if it effects your dress blues/whites whichever you're grad will be in). Otherwise, you can have adjustments made at your next command. Adjustments through the navy uniform shop are usually free for the first year after boot camp.