PDA

View Full Version : Academic Test In Bootcamp

Wavy2Navy
03-03-2013, 08:31 AM
How are the test like in bootcamp?

1) average amount of questions
2) where they mostly all multiple choice
3) where there some fill in the blank
4) is what they tell u to study for the test really on there or is it that n more
5) how long do u get to take em

Bahrke
03-03-2013, 10:08 AM
They go over power points with pretty much all of the answers. We had zero failures on all 3. Don't worry :P

NavyGuyRob
03-03-2013, 01:40 PM
They go over power points with pretty much all of the answers. We had zero failures on all 3. Don't worry :P

are the tests long??

llamayamaa
03-03-2013, 08:49 PM
The first test has about 30 questions, the second about 50, and the final has maybe 65-70? You get 45 minutes for the first one I think, and then longer for the next two. I'm a slow test taker and was able to go back through all my questions to double check them within the time limit.

All questions are multiple choice.

The first test is pretty straight forward from the training guide. On the second, there is a bit of naval history that isn't covered in the training guide, but maybe it's covered in the power point presentations? My RDCs decided we didn't need to get those...

The third test was by far the most difficult, but most of it was on damage control. So pay attention during firefighting!!!!

My advice is to study every chance you get, and try to get with another recruit from a division that's a few weeks ahead of you to get their study questions/notes.

If you fail the test, it's not a big deal. You'll be able to take it again within 48 hours, I think. We had a few people fail the first two tests and the RDCs paired them up with some super smart people to get "tutored." Since we were on such a condensed schedule and took test 3 on the same day as battlestations, if anyone failed it they got an automatic ASMO. But my RDCs truly wanted everyone to pass, so they gave us plenty of time to study. Nobody failed the third test!!

Just do your best, pay attention, and study. You'll do fine!!

prop827
03-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Less than 100 questions, usually give your up to an hour to take them, they are all multiple choice (on the computer) so you will get your score as soon as everyone's done. You will all have different versions of the test (there's like 5 different versions scattered around your division). EVERYTHING will be near verbatim from your Recruit Training Guide. No curve balls. The info is there and you're forced to study the info nearly constantly. You should manage just fine.