PDA

View Full Version : L.S Duty Stations???

Wavy2Navy
03-03-2013, 08:23 AM
I was wondering where are some common duty stations for LS with no kids & that is not married?

McNulty
03-03-2013, 02:16 PM
ls can pretty much go anywhere....everybody needs supplies

Hammy
05-26-2013, 07:46 PM
One of my best friends is an LS and just got stationed overseas in Japan.. you guys go everywhere, just depends what orders are available when you go to choose in 'A' school

LSsquillace
07-03-2013, 11:41 AM
so there are a couple ways this works. during your A school in meridian, Mississippi, with about 2 weeks left, depending on what the teachers there decide you will either fill out a dream sheet, or if there are a small amount of people in school with you (ie. 10) they will pick 10 orders and the people who are top of the class will get first choice, and then theyll work there way down. odds are it will be a dream sheet. your first term which is 48 months is mandatory sea duty, which mean youll live in barracks but when they are ready to go underway you go with your fleet. that usually consists of about 6-8 months. when you go underway you get to go see the foreign country's. if you have east coast orders youll go see Europe when you're underway,if you have west coast orders youll go see the Asian country's. i suggest choosing orders to stay in the country so its easier on you and your parents, and you still get to go see the world.

Lindy3
07-03-2013, 11:50 AM
I think when you get assigned onto a ship, you live on the Ship.. You don't have a barracks unless you're with a squadron or a shore establishment.. Everyone i know that got orders to sea duty, got assigned to a ship, and they lived on the ship...
Don't quote me on that tho, that's from what i heard from family that are in/served.

sweetmtn
07-03-2013, 12:12 PM
I think when you get assigned onto a ship, you live on the Ship.. You don't have a barracks unless you're with a squadron or a shore establishment.. Everyone i know that got orders to sea duty, got assigned to a ship, and they lived on the ship...
Don't quote me on that tho, that's from what i heard from family that are in/served.

Living on the ship is a possibilty...however, this generally only happens when barracks space is limited.

Lindy3
07-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Thank God, my uncle and dad keep telling me I was going to live on the ship when I first enlist.. Guest it's like a 50/50...
I learned something new today
:wavetowel2:

LSsquillace
07-03-2013, 12:24 PM
i think the odds are better than 50/50, unless youre somewhere thats a really crowded base i wouldnt worry about it.

MizzouNavy
09-03-2013, 12:19 AM
LS's can go ANYWHERE, as one of the previous posts mentioned. Supplies are always needed by all commands. When I went through Meridian, MS we filled out a "dream sheet" which only consisted of ranking east coast, west coast and overseas 1,2, or 3 based on preference. To go overseas you will have to have a special overseas screening. They look into medical risks and financial risks due to higher costs of living and not always the needed medical available. You even need an "overseas" screening for Fallon, NV because the place is so desolate. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

-Active Dute 2 years, LS3(AW)

LS.HALBROOKS3
07-24-2014, 05:03 PM
Im and LS and before i was married, i got stationed in Whidbey Island, WA, and i had no clue that it even existed on the planet, so i mean its possible to go anywhere :)

LT Guppy
07-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Please do not bump old threads.