PDA

View Full Version : I GOT MY FIRST CALL FROM MY HUBBY. YEHEY!

Mako17
03-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Hubby left on Feb. 20 for bootcamp and finally made his first call today. I'm so happy i could die! :)

rac
03-02-2013, 01:53 PM
How is he doing? I'm sure my mom will be just as happy as you are when I call her for the first time haha

asailorswife
03-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Yay!! I love those phone calls!!! :) You'll never get tired of your phone ringing when he's gone!!

NavyGuyRob
03-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Thats awesome..how is he doing..and how long are the calls??

Mako17
03-03-2013, 05:53 AM
The call was 12-minute long. At first he was crying coz he really missed me and our daughter :(. He also told me that he never expected that it's gonna be that hard, both physically, mentally and emotionally. I just assured him that everything's doing great for us and that he doesn't need to worry about anything. Most of all, i told him to just always pray to God and for He will not forsake him.

SailorWSanchez
03-03-2013, 09:32 AM
That always works. My husband left on the 29th of Jan and I will see him in three weeks and he has called twice since he has been gone its so nice to get that call:love:

Shenanigans
03-14-2013, 08:40 PM
My boyfriend left yesterday & everyone keeps saying "Stay busy" which isn't helping me any...the more I have on my schedule, the less I can focus on anything but missing him...any suggestions?

asailorswife
03-14-2013, 09:05 PM
My boyfriend left yesterday & everyone keeps saying "Stay busy" which isn't helping me any...the more I have on my schedule, the less I can focus on anything but missing him...any suggestions?

The non sugar coated message - learn to deal with it. He'll be gone a lot.

The better message? Take things one day at a time. This was the advice my husband gave to me when he left for boot the first time. Take it one day a time. If you can handle one day, then you can certainly handle 2... After 2 days, you could double that, and handle 4 with no problems.. Then you can handle a weekend... A week.. A month.. And so on. He WILL be gone a lot. There's no getting around that. Bootcamp and the first deployment are really the hardest. You're unsure of a lot - how much will they change, how much will you change, etc. After that point, it's not easy by any means, but you learn how to cope in your own ways. For me, it's staying busy. The busier I stay, the less I have time to focus on his absence. I also try to learn something new every time he leaves. One of the deployments, I learned how to sew.. another one, I learned how to crochet.. I ran a 5k while he was gone for the first time once. Things that will keep you focused on what you're doing, and not what you're missing.

Shenanigans
03-17-2013, 07:44 AM
Gone a lot? He was told that he'll be on deployment for 6-9 months once every 3 ish years...is that not true?

sweetmtn
03-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Gone a lot? He was told that he'll be on deployment for 6-9 months once every 3 ish years...is that not true?

For deployments that is basically true..however during the time he is not, there are many times they are out on work-ups and can be gone for a month or so many times during the year.

Shenanigans
03-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Oh lord. So I should prepare to be in a relationship with myself for a while hah. We're long distance already, so I'm used to not seeing him often, but I rely on the conversation. As long as we can e-mail or text, even skype, that's understandable.