PDA

View Full Version : Boot camp and Navy Reserve

OliviaJ
02-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Is anyone a Navy Reservist? I signed up at MEPS for Navy Reserve(MA) so that I could finish my college degree while serving in the military part time. If you are a Navy Reservist do you regret being a Reservist or would you rather be Active Duty? Is it true that I can go active after 2 year of being a Reservist? Also, what happens in Navy Boot Camp if you aren't in shape? Will the RDC's get you in shape to pass the PRT's?

Malarkey
02-05-2013, 11:07 PM
I can only speak on one of these as I'm going active duty: you better work out by yourself or (preferably) with your NRS DEP pool because otherwise boot can potentially kick your ass.

sweetmtn
02-06-2013, 12:44 AM
I will tell you this..you really need to be in shape for boot as you will not be treated any different than any other person there....As far as going Active Duty after 2 years..they say you can...BUT..I have found VERY FEW that were able to go active due to the economy and cuts in the military budget. As the rating you are going in as is well covered...I highly doubt it that you will be able to go active duty later.

rac
02-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Is anyone a Navy Reservist? I signed up at MEPS for Navy Reserve(MA) so that I could finish my college degree while serving in the military part time. If you are a Navy Reservist do you regret being a Reservist or would you rather be Active Duty? Is it true that I can go active after 2 year of being a Reservist? Also, what happens in Navy Boot Camp if you aren't in shape? Will the RDC's get you in shape to pass the PRT's?

Message geeMA. He is a MA in the Navy Reserves. :)