PDA

View Full Version : What Female items to take

FutureSailorB
01-26-2013, 05:10 PM
what all do we need to take to basic i leave monday and my mom is really bugging me about it. I know they give us stuff but i also know that whatever we need to buy that it comes out of our paychecks.....

SN: Please dont give me a link i have seen that about a thousands times i want somebody to like seriously tell me

sweetmtn
01-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Basically you bring very little...your ID or drivers lic., SS card, birth cert..if married that cert..if on birth control bring one month supply as you will be supplied the rest, glasses if you wear them, very small phone book with info in it, if you want a small bible that is ok. You should have a packet from the recruiter with all your school records and navy contract..(you may not be the one to carry it all the way, someone will be assigned to do that). IF you bring a tooth brush and other sundries they will be sent back in the box along with your clothes. You can bring your cell phone but you will have a VERY limited time to call home to say you arrived and then must take the battery out and pack it up with all your clothes you were wearing and it will be sent home on the box. You will be given underwear, bras, shoes and everything else you need.
I am sure there are some females on here that can maybe give you a bit more or say less to bring....

cakers00
01-26-2013, 07:06 PM
do we have to bring the actual birth cert or will a photocopy be fine?

sweetmtn
01-26-2013, 09:57 PM
I think it needs to be a certified copy. I know my son did not take his original with him, as it is still here at my house.

cakers00
01-26-2013, 10:44 PM
I was unable to find my original when it came time to go to MEPS so i sent off for a certified copy so I guess I will just take that one with me. Is it ok to fold those things up and put it in my wallet? lol

cocastar
01-27-2013, 12:08 AM
I am also bringing stamps, envelopes, a black pen, the box that my phone came it when i bought it. (I would like it to get home in working order!) pads, tampons, $20 in cash, and a phone card.

:Welcome1:

sweetmtn
01-27-2013, 12:22 PM
If you bring envelopes with you, they will most likely be required to be sent home in the box with all your other stuff along with the pen. As far as your cell phone, dont bother bringing the box it came in, you will need to take out the battery, then just put the phone in one of your socks in one shoe, the battery in the other sock int he other shoe..simple!
Oh, you MIGHT be able to keep the stamps if you put them in like your small phone book or wallet.
Also only bring just what you need as far as feminine hygiene items, other wise those may be sent home as well..if you are not on your cycle, only bring like 2 or 3 of what you normally use..you will have time to get what you need there.