PDA

View Full Version : C school?

cakers00
01-12-2013, 11:13 PM
I leave april 3 and have signed in as AECF. I have done my research and I want to make sure I understand how training goes. After bootcamp I head across the street for ATT school, then I go to A school for either FC or ET. Where is C school? I'm sure there are many different options for it but I dont know where any of them are/how long they are/what they focus on

Any info would be great! Thanks

CB
01-13-2013, 09:47 AM
I leave april 3 and have signed in as AECF. I have done my research and I want to make sure I understand how training goes. After bootcamp I head across the street for ATT school, then I go to A school for either FC or ET. Where is C school? I'm sure there are many different options for it but I dont know where any of them are/how long they are/what they focus on

Any info would be great! Thanks
My brother has the same rate. FC. He's been in since last year. He's currently stationed in San Diego for C school. I am not sure how long he will be based there but he said that he hopes to that that is where his first duty station will also be. I can't remember if he did A school also in Great Lakes or if he transferred to a different base after boot camp. I can ask if you want though. :)

cakers00
01-13-2013, 01:06 PM
That would be great! I'm pretty sure everything i'm reading says all AECF A schools are still in GreatLakes but that can always change too lol

ha you could always tell me when we get to bootcamp lol

kforbs126
01-13-2013, 01:14 PM
That would be great! I'm pretty sure everything i'm reading says all AECF A schools are still in GreatLakes but that can always change too lol

ha you could always tell me when we get to bootcamp lol

A schools are in great lakes.

C schools can be in Norfolk and a few other places in VA. San Diego also has a lot of C schools. You most likely will end up in VA or CA for C school.

samakb
01-13-2013, 07:18 PM
I've read that AECF, both ET and FC have long wait times in between schools. Around four to five months time waiting to class up. On average, what is the total time it takes to get to the fleet from basic? Roughly two years?

kforbs126
01-13-2013, 07:59 PM
I've read that AECF, both ET and FC have long wait times in between schools. Around four to five months time waiting to class up. On average, what is the total time it takes to get to the fleet from basic? Roughly two years?

Only FC's I hear are having a long wait time. You can expect the time between basic to the fleet is about 18 months.

cakers00
01-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Thank you kforbs for all your insight!

dascolbert
01-18-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm pretty sure we have 12-19 weeks of schooling depending on if you're going FC(12) or ET(19). Your counselor should have given you a rating explanatory sheet.