PDA

View Full Version : Can i get MA with the PACT seamen program?

wdpballer
01-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I had to choose the PACT program because i wasn't eligible for MA when i went to MEPS and i wont be for another year so the counselor told me to get the PACT program and then to strike for it.

I was reading the PACT seamen program info card: https://www.cool.navy.mil/enlisted/rating_info_cards/spact.pdf

and did not see MA as an option to strike for. Do you guys think is it an option or should i just go for a rate and then try to cross rate after the 2 years?

snfreak1967
01-12-2013, 08:17 PM
It is a rate that you can strike for. Im at MA A School right now and in my class there are 2 fleet returnees who were undesignated. Some of the instructors will even tell you that they came in as a PACT seamen and chose to become an MA.

wdpballer
01-12-2013, 11:57 PM
It is a rate that you can strike for. Im at MA A School right now and in my class there are 2 fleet returnees who were undesignated. Some of the instructors will even tell you that they came in as a PACT seamen and chose to become an MA.

thanks man!

basil
01-30-2013, 12:49 PM
i had the same question actually lol, I'm SN, set to leave feb 11th, I plan on striking for MA, that alone is going to be a little tough, eventually I want to cross-rate to SO.

F/S-MARodriguez
01-30-2013, 10:07 PM
My class sponsor here at MA school was undes so yes you can strike for it but why won't you be eligible for another year?

wdpballer
01-31-2013, 05:39 PM
My class sponsor here at MA school was undes so yes you can strike for it but why won't you be eligible for another year?

arrest, has to be 3 years with no arrest or civil infractions.

No nonjudicial punishement or convictions (civilian or military) within the three years