PDA

View Full Version : Things you are allowed to bring to RTC

alex.martinez
01-12-2013, 11:43 AM
So ive seen like 30 lists all with different things allowed to bring. I only really care about one thing. I have a little tiny notebook about 3"x5". Im writing all my General orders, chain of command, important addresses, etc. Are they going to take this away from me?

FutureND
01-12-2013, 12:16 PM
So ive seen like 30 lists all with different things allowed to bring. I only really care about one thing. I have a little tiny notebook about 3"x5". Im writing all my General orders, chain of command, important addresses, etc. Are they going to take this away from me?

Probably not, especially if you have all your contacts and addresses in there. They will give you a Bluejackets Manual that will have ALL of the info that you will need to know and be learning in it.

alex.martinez
01-12-2013, 12:27 PM
They will give you a Bluejackets Manual that will have ALL of the info that you will need to know and be learning in it.

Yeah but I want to have a little note book to quickly write down notes or things i need to remember.

dascolbert
01-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Through my own research I see people suggesting little bibles with extra pages. Have you considered it?

Haasino
01-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Yeah but I want to have a little note book to quickly write down notes or things i need to remember.

You will be given a recruit notebook for that... carrying anything else is considered "gear adrift"... you can keep it, and bring it out on Sundays during holiday routine, but don't expect to have access to it when you need to write notes... that's what your Trainee Guide and/or notebook is for.

NavyGirl4699
01-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Can you bring retainer? I asked my recruiter he simply said "I dont know".

3rdGenSailor
01-12-2013, 06:13 PM
If I was to right on a paper all the addresses I need and fold it up and put it in my wallet, that should be fine right?

FutureND
01-12-2013, 07:06 PM
If I was to right on a paper all the addresses I need and fold it up and put it in my wallet, that should be fine right?

Yes, that is fine.

3rdGenSailor
01-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Good, now for the rest? I'm not really planning on bringing everything I can but what about a bag, change of clothes for the Hotel, envelopes and stamps, wallet with stuff in said wallet. I think that's all I'm bringing..

CB
01-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Good, now for the rest? I'm not really planning on bringing everything I can but what about a bag, change of clothes for the Hotel, envelopes and stamps, wallet with stuff in said wallet. I think that's all I'm bringing..
My brother joined the Navy last year and all he brought was his wallet (with his NFCU card, Social security card and driver's license), passport and phone. The box that he had to mail back home had his civilian clothes and mobile phone in it. He told me not to bring anything. The Navy will provide everything you need at boot camp.

hellokitty
02-20-2013, 07:47 PM
What happens with civilian glasses? I'm assuming they don't get sent home in the box since it's packed the first night before the new glasses are ready. Do they get kept in the locked drawer for the rest of boot camp?

llamayamaa
02-20-2013, 09:18 PM
What happens with civilian glasses? I'm assuming they don't get sent home in the box since it's packed the first night before the new glasses are ready. Do they get kept in the locked drawer for the rest of boot camp?

During your P-week you'll get bootcamp issued glasses (not the hideous BCGs of the day, but small black ones). Until those are made and distributed, you'll wear your civilian glasses. Once you get your BC glasses, you put your civilian glasses in your A&B drawer until graduation. But yes, you keep your civilian glasses at bootcamp the whole time.