PDA

View Full Version : Boot camp

OliviaJ
01-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Hey Everyone! I ship Feb. 26,2013. I was wondering how I should tell my parents that I have joined the Navy Reserve and will be leaving for boot camp? I live with them and I am 22 years old. My parents don't want me to join the Navy last time I discussed it with them. Also, how should i prepare for the navy boot camp PT and PFA? I am able to do the running and push-ups but the sit ups I am worried about. I don't want to be ASMOD nor held back. Any info would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

LENNY0861
01-08-2013, 05:08 PM
As a parent I guided My now 26 year old into the Navy also reserve, he came out of college with no career prospects, as the economy is very bad the navy will give him stature, for his future along with any extra education he wants also insurance and if he stays in a long time a pension, The Navy is also in my opinion the safest military force beside the coast guard, that should give them some peace of Mind. You are also serving your country and that's a very honorable thing to do to do in this day and age. They should be proud and come graduation day at boot you will see the change in their attitude and they will also see a change in you

geeMA
01-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Hey Everyone! I ship Feb. 26,2013. I was wondering how I should tell my parents that I have joined the Navy Reserve and will be leaving for boot camp? I live with them and I am 22 years old. My parents don't want me to join the Navy last time I discussed it with them. Also, how should i prepare for the navy boot camp PT and PFA? I am able to do the running and push-ups but the sit ups I am worried about. I don't want to be ASMOD nor held back. Any info would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

its only the final PFA that counts. RDC's will prepare you for the final one. after taps, you could work on your situps, but i wouldnt worry too much about it. the only shipmates that i know that got sent to FIT were the ones that couldnt passed the run. if you're square away, you wont get ASMO and they'll leave you alone. the RDC's only look for the weak and the people that dont care.

JoGoessl
01-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Stress that You Believe Its your duty to serve your country and give back + also all the other stuff^ (benefits) of joining the navy!

To prepare just work on your sit ups daly, get a workout plan. Come up with rules to working out, like for me every morning before work I will do 100 push ups and 120 crunches/sit-ups. Every time I go in my room I will do 70pu/70su. If I'm watching tv during a commercial I will do push ups or sit ups till they are done(same with COD during intermission(unless I need to change a class)).

What I do may be a little extreme but come up with a plan similar to that so you can prepare so you are physically ready.