PDA

View Full Version : running shoes

FutureSailorB
01-08-2013, 10:58 AM
i saw the new video but is it possible that we can bring our own running shoes. the only reason why im asking is cuz my mom wants to know wat i should pack because i leave in 19 days and i dont want to bring alot of the wrong things

proudmama
01-08-2013, 11:23 AM
basically bring your personal identification, checking account info if you have one,- an activated phone card, a small bible, slim back wallet, and that's about it- everything else will be shipped back, and they provide what you need there- my daughter ships in March.

proudmama
01-08-2013, 11:28 AM
tell your mom to join Navyformoms.com- it'll fill her in on everything, and provide support while your in Bootcamp!

FutureND
01-08-2013, 11:31 AM
i saw the new video but is it possible that we can bring our own running shoes. the only reason why im asking is cuz my mom wants to know wat i should pack because i leave in 19 days and i dont want to bring alot of the wrong things

And no, you cannot bring your own running shoes.

jhampton002
01-08-2013, 04:09 PM
This issue everything you will need.

FutureSailorB
01-09-2013, 02:51 PM
so females dont have to bring anything just personal things, paperwork, and themselves to bootcamp

FutureND
01-09-2013, 03:36 PM
so females dont have to bring anything just personal things, paperwork, and themselves to bootcamp

They issue you EVERYTHING that you will need when you get there. You can bring whatever you want, but be prepared to ship it back home.

hellokitty
01-09-2013, 03:40 PM

I'm a female shipping out in May. Here is my list of stuff to bring: tiny address book, birth certificate (copy), birth control (if you're already on it), cash (about $30), debit and credit card, glasses, hairbrush & comb (smaller is better), ID, makeup for graduation (only what's allowed from the list in the START guide or the RTC website), phone card, SS card, stamps, and a mens bifold wallet to hold cards, papers, and stamps. If you're not going to sign up with Navy Federal, bring a voided check or something with your checking account number on so you can get paid.

Plus you have to pack stuff for the night at the hotel before MEPS. If you don't have someone seeing you off at MEPS that can take this stuff home it will be mailed home in "the box"..
Shower stuff (if you don't want to use the stuff provided at the hotel), pajamas and clothes for the next day, toothbrush & toothpaste, snacks, and whatever else you think you might need overnight.

:)

FutureND
01-09-2013, 03:59 PM
http://www.navycs.com/blogs/2008/06/30/what-to-bring-to-navy-boot-camp

Here is a list of what you can bring.

prop827
01-23-2013, 08:35 AM
You won't get to wear the shoes, they'll get sent home. Everyone has to wear the new balance ones you get on night of arrival as part of the PT uniform (in boot, after boot your school may or may not require them, after that what sneakers are irrelevant). Honestly though, you'll wear your NWU's and Boots almost ALL the time.