PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question alert.

NavyPrincess
12-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Stupid question... Are video cameras allowed during bootcamp graduation?

LT Guppy
12-28-2012, 07:08 PM
I believe so.

Still cameras are. But the lighting is really bad, especially for family seated on the second level (which otherwise is the best place to be, you can see everything from there). If its possible you're better off using no flash and adjusting the brightness later on your computer.

AVSailor
12-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Straight from the RTC Website itself -

Outdoor photography and videotaping is not
permitted onboard RTC. The graduation ceremony is
held indoors, so ample photo taking is permitted in the
ceremonial drill hall.

Meaning, indoors (in the drill hall where your ceremony will take place) they can take pics & videos all day long. But when you leave they have to wait till your off base (if u have a day pass) to take pics. :) hope that helps!

LT Guppy
12-29-2012, 04:14 AM
And they're really big on no pictures of the base gate. I think it's mentioned in the form letter.

sweetmtn
12-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Yes, or at least they were when my son graduated many years ago...I video taped my son PIR, and if you look on youtube, there are plenty of videos posted there from family.

Tracy
12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
The last PIR I was at, I took pics from the second level and they all turned out fine. Probably just depends on the camera I guess.

prop827
01-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Video and Cameras are not only allowed at the graduation ceremony, but ENCOURAGED. However, let your friends and family know that they can only use them INSIDE the drill hall, no recording is permitted on base outside on RTC, just inside the Drill Hall.