PDA

View Full Version : Navy Boot camp, what to expect?

Fatzrx0790
11-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Hello! I am leaving for boot camp in a couple of weeks(DEC.10) and I would really appreciate it if you guys give me some advice or help...or whatever suggestions or whatever I need to know that will help me get through boot camp. I am really nervous and scared but of course excited too. Thank you!

culp7
11-15-2012, 12:44 PM
http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433
This covers it pretty well

pl16
11-15-2012, 01:13 PM
try watching the boot camp videos here. it helped me a lot. :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/PlasmaSpeedos

LSsquillace
11-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Hello! I am leaving for boot camp in a couple of weeks(DEC.10) and I would really appreciate it if you guys give me some advice or help...or whatever suggestions or whatever I need to know that will help me get through boot camp. I am really nervous and scared but of course excited too. Thank you!

The link culp posted is perfect for explaining what you need to know.

AVSailor
11-17-2012, 11:58 AM

The links above will help a lot but im going to give my own tip.
First few weeks aren't fun. You'll look back after you graduate and be like wow that wasn't bad at all! But its just weird. You are in a 100% new place and situation doing things you've never done with people you never met. With little sleep and people yelling at you for stupid stuff.

But its just a job. The Rdcs get paid to make you a sailor and you are getting paid as well. Yelling at you doesn't really have a purpose unless you really mess up. Its just to give you tough skin. Punishing ya'll with work outs is helping you pass your PFA but they aren't going to be like "Okay well lets do some practice crunches". lol. Its really something you need to see past and as long as you don't take everything hard you wont have a problem at all. And if you do, well its only 8 weeks.

They are preparing you to be a Sailor in the WORLDS FINEST NAVY. You'll be fine. Just look forward, never back! Hooyah

AnnaGB
11-17-2012, 01:47 PM
The links above will help a lot but im going to give my own tip.
First few weeks aren't fun. You'll look back after you graduate and be like wow that wasn't bad at all! But its just weird. You are in a 100% new place and situation doing things you've never done with people you never met. With little sleep and people yelling at you for stupid stuff.

But its just a job. The Rdcs get paid to make you a sailor and you are getting paid as well. Yelling at you doesn't really have a purpose unless you really mess up. Its just to give you tough skin. Punishing ya'll with work outs is helping you pass your PFA but they aren't going to be like "Okay well lets do some practice crunches". lol. Its really something you need to see past and as long as you don't take everything hard you wont have a problem at all. And if you do, well its only 8 weeks.

They are preparing you to be a Sailor in the WORLDS FINEST NAVY. You'll be fine. Just look forward, never back! Hooyah

YES. I know this is going to be one of the hardest things I've ever done, just because everything is so new and so far away from the people who I am used to having near me. However, every sailor has had to go through this and they've all made it. They weren't that different from us when they first started out.