PDA

View Full Version : Liberty at Graduation

LoudensGirl
11-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Hi everyone, I am a Fiancee of a current bootcamp SR. He graduates on Friday and I was wondering about liberty. I know he cannot take civillian items back on but could he take a letter I write for th plane ride?

Jjw1125
11-12-2012, 03:33 AM
This really is a good question. My initial thought would be yes, he can take a letter, but I'm sure someone that has been there done that can answer with better knowledge. They will be along eventually. =)

LT Guppy
11-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Yes he can take a letter. He probably can take his cell phone too.

Craig
11-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Yes he can take a letter. He probably can take his cell phone too.

Dang it Guppy, I forgot about the cell phone, thanks for that.

Yep Loudensgirl, since he's already graduated then he should be able to bring that back, but he will have to leave it at the quarterdeck. He must tell them he has it.
That will be the only electronics he can bring. No computers or any of the other stuff...

LENNY0861
11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
i thought no cell phones were allowed back on base at boot, and that we would get the cell to them at the airport, please clarify. Thanks

Craig
11-12-2012, 05:37 PM
i thought no cell phones were allowed back on base at boot, and that we would get the cell to them at the airport, please clarify. Thanks

Lenny,
The Navy has one exception to the rules about cell phones. Based on permission, you can have a cell phone AFTER YOU GRADUATE but it must be turned into the Quarterdeck (kind of the the headquarters of each ship). They will let you have them up to that point, then you turn them in. As you leave, you can pick them up again. If you happen to walk in with the phone past the quarterdeck with the phone (going inside), then they probably will put you back to day one in boot camp. It's a huge violation.

The Navy understands the need to have a phone AFTER boot camp, so it makes this exception. However, your division must be authorised to store the phones at the quarterdeck. If they say no, then don't even attempt to bring it back.

LENNY0861
11-13-2012, 09:24 AM
In that case I still think its safest to wait for the airport, 1 more day without a phone wont kill anyone.

LSsquillace
11-13-2012, 11:31 AM
In that case I still think its safest to wait for the airport, 1 more day without a phone wont kill anyone.

That's true but it's still nice to have, I'm gonna ask that my mom brings me boxers, lol I hate tightey whiteys