PDA

View Full Version : OTC Meds at RTC?

aharris
10-28-2012, 12:03 AM
I was wondering if we were allowed to bring, or at least buy over the counter meds like tylenol and midol at the NEX while in basic. I'm not on any prescriptions but I do take vitamins daily and was wondering about being able to take those in boot as well.

LT Guppy
10-28-2012, 05:08 AM
Nope. You can only have what you are given by medical.

When my husband went through, several people were sent home for having cough drops. One person was given them by medical and shared them with a couple other people.

prop827
10-28-2012, 01:34 PM
You cannot have any meds, Rx or over the counter. You will get all meds from medical and they will all be prescribed (including OTC, like for colds magically becomes prescription in boot).

aharris
10-31-2012, 08:20 AM
You cannot have any meds, Rx or over the counter. You will get all meds from medical and they will all be prescribed (including OTC, like for colds magically becomes prescription in boot).

Thank you for the info! What about band aids for blisters? Are we allowed to have those or do we get them from medical as well?

Laworlo
11-01-2012, 09:14 PM
If you have anything like that they will call it Drug Trafficking and you can either be separated for that or will be ASMO'd. We had a person in our division that was ASMO'd 3 times.

Jjw1125
11-03-2012, 03:56 AM
If you have anything like that they will call it Drug Trafficking and you can either be separated for that or will be ASMO'd. We had a person in our division that was ASMO'd 3 times.

Band-aids are considered drug-trafficking? :What: